Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 05 se sdn 49k,with a mach amp thats been installed
for a few months now ,and im having an issue with bad reception ,or static in the fm band ,i thought it was my antenna ,so i cleaned all the connections from the amp to the cord ,and the antenna mast itsself ,i still have the same issue ....is my mach amp going bad ? is there a fix ? i was thinking of getting and fm band filter it would go between the antenna cord and the amp ....but im not sure if that would work..or if there is one made for the taui ..any advise would be a great help guys thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
It'd be nice if you had the original unit, then you could throw that in and see if it goes away or not. If you do, and it doesn't go away, or even if you don't have the original you can do this, use a multimeter set to ac voltage - put the leads on the battery you should see less than .5 volt. If you've got more than one volt, you're alt has bad diodes and the ac current is messing with the radio.

There should also be a little black thingy connected to the fuel rail, make sure that's intact and the wiring is ok, that's the interference buffer (that's not what it's called, I just don't remember, but you get the point)

I'm not on my A game tonight.... sorry... I think it's the new layout messing with my head.... real info, just not detailed and easy to understand like I usually liike to write.....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good advise ill look into those things ......thanks alot ,i do have the ols amp
ill throw that in and see what happens

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the static comes and goes....depends on the day i guess ...somedays its really good
others it annoying as hell ....ill look for this buffer thingy and see if thats asstached as well

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha ha the buffer was a little loose i heard the clips snap on the connector
hopefully this fixes it ...ill find out when i drive it home after work

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nevermind my last post ....i checked the charging system
the system is working as designed.....is there anything else to check