Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 92 ford tarus SHO....it ran fine then all a sudden once in a while it didnt wanna start....everything turned on like normal but no crank...no try to start ...nothing...i replaced the starter yesterday and it cranked and stared a few times so i just le it run....tried to start it this morning and nothing again.....any ideas?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi there! You'll get lots more eyes on your post if you make it in the repair forum.

Off the top of my head, there are several possibilities that could be causing the problem. Battery, cables, loose wiring connections, worn ignition switch, fuses, relays, grounds... Could be any of them.

You'll need to get in there and do some electrical troubleshooting on the starting circuit to determine the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I agree with @Jim Beckett about posting in the correct forums. The intro forums dont get a lot of traffic.

Of the top of my head, have you check the starter relay box? I think its on the inner fender, passenger side, by the battery. It will have about 12-18 inchs of cable that go to it from the battery. Normally they dont go bad, but things do happen.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Agree with others about checking the grounds.

Also- it could be conceivable that if the starter is a reman that it could go bad. I had to replace a re-manufactured starter within a couple of months on my '02. Never thought it would go bad in that short of time but in my case it was the starting problem.

I have gotten good at R&R'g it in short time now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts