Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
94 Sable 3.8 126k miles. It began with a cranking over but no start. Spray a little starting fluid in and it starts. Let it idle 30 seconds and I can shut it off and it starts just fine. Here is what I have done so far-plugs-wires-cap-rotor-fuel filter -IAC. A mechanic friend of mine suggested that it may be leaking injectors and when it sits overnight it floods the cylinders and quenches the spark. So with a 1/4 tank last night I put in a full bottle of Slick 50 high mileage cleaner to give the injectors a concentrated cleaning. I drove the car about 15 miles at 60 to 80 mph and parked it. I went out about 3 hours later and it started just fine. This morning after sitting all night it would not start. A little staring fluid and it fired right up. Now this car only gets driven maybe 40 miles a week. If I need new injectors the cheapest I have found are rebuilt ones for $35 each. Are rebuilt s any good?

·
Registered
20 Posts
PVC valve and host leaks? Once those rubber hoses rot out they cause hard cold starting, however usually they'll at least fire and then die unless you feather the throttle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car sat for about 13 hours and it started right up this morning.The only thing different was my usual parking spot has the front of the car on a slight downward angle so last night I parked it in a level spot. Could this have any bearing on the problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts