Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the starter solenoid wire unclip from the contact? I've unclipped the plastic side conector but it still wont slide off. Are there tabs to unclip on all 4 sides of the connector?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
You have to squeeze the Amp connector, to cause it to release. I don't remember if you squeeze the sides, or on top & bottom.

That danged connector is also a root cause of intermittent starts, or what seems to be a dead starter, or bad solenoid.

I chased this problem for years, until I happened upon the danged thing not making contact one day & just wiggeled it to see how snug it was, it was loose & bingo the starter cranked right up. So I cut that danged thing off & crimped on a regular spade lug connector, that fits the solenoids lug really snug, no more no starts & no more whacking the starter motor to wake it up!!!! Little did I know it wasn't a solenoid or starter problem, turned out all I was doing was moving that connector ever so sligtly with the vibrations, so it made good contact!!!! lol

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to squeeze the Amp connector, to cause it to release. I don't remember if you squeeze the sides, or on top & bottom.

That danged connector is also a root cause of intermittent starts, or what seems to be a dead starter, or bad solenoid.

I chased this problem for years, until I happened upon the danged thing not making contact one day & just wiggeled it to see how snug it was, it was loose & bingo the starter cranked right up. So I cut that danged thing off & crimped on a regular spade lug connector, that fits the solenoids lug really snug, no more no starts & no more whacking the starter motor to wake it up!!!! Little did I know it wasn't a solenoid or starter problem, turned out all I was doing was moving that connector ever so sligtly with the vibrations, so it made good contact!!!! lol
[/b]
Thanks. Got it off finally. One side has a tab that I compressed with a pair of pliers and it came right off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts