Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My daughter has a 1993 Taurus with the 3.0 V6 (vulcan I believe, it's pretty plain.) It won't turn over when the key is turned and the battery has already been replaced.

I'm a mechanic (aircraft) and have messed around with lot's of cars, including Fords, and have changed a few starter soleniods in the past. The Haynes manual shows a picture of the soleniod, the local NAPA guy even showed me what it's suppose to look like (but didn't have picture of the location in his computer), but I can't find the darn thing anywhere on her car.

I ran one positive cable off the battery to the starter, and another to a fuse box located between the firewall and the drivers side strut. I removed the battery and the air cleaner stuff to look around under the maze of hoses. Still no solenoid.

I'm starting the think the soleniod is integral with the starter motor, like most GM products.

Anyhow, I really wanted to hook my remote starter cables up to the solenoid to test it, but I can't find the durn thing. Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes, it is part of the starter. I looked at an exploded diagram of the starter to be sure and it's in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I was able to do a search of this site, and found some other references to the solenoid being part of the starter. So, I bought a new starter ($$$) and swapped it out. Now my daughter has her car again, and I can relax.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Where is the starter located? Mine just went out...I think. I can't find it anywhere can someone give me some help on what it looks like and where it's located. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts