My '92 3.0U starts great when cold, but shut it down hot and try to restart and it acts like the battery's dead. I'm also throwing a charge light at lower rpms. The alt/reg has been tested off car and is fine. I replaced the batt-to-ground cable when I discovered it had corroded almost in two at the batt., and was checking the positive side of things when I found a questionable starter wire - it's bare for a couple of inches under the loom, and very stiff. I cannot find helpful info anywhere regarding whether this is a fusible link that's bad, or just a melted wire. This would be the smaller of the two wires going to the starter solenoid, as opposed to the large gauge wire coming from the relay tier (and then the batt). The smaller one goes up into another loomed bundle. As the starter/solenoid is directly under the oil filter, it wouldn't surprise me if it fried over time. Wiring diagrams that I've found are not detailed enough to show much info on starting/charging wiring. If it is a fusible link, what do I ask for at NAPA to replace it, or do I need the dealer? Any help or insight would be appreciated!!!