Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 97 taurus gl out for a while a few days ago and when I got home there was smoke comming from under the hood.
There is a wire from the passenger side of the fuse box that looks to have been chewed up by the power steering pulley.
I can't figure out what the wire is exactly or how to repair. My big concern is keeping the wire out of the way and making sure it doesn't try to ground near something it shouldn't.
I have no intention on keeping the car much longer bit since I am working on getting my license I need her to be as safe and reliable as we can get. Any recommendations appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,688 Posts
After you repair the wire, use a zip tie to secure it to something so it doesnt rub on the pulley.

Where does the wire come from / go to? Reason I ask it doesnt look stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It comes out of the passenger side of the fuse box. I haven't followed it back to see what it connects to on the other end. I will update when I figure it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After you repair the wire, use a zip tie to secure it to something so it doesnt rub on the pulley.

Where does the wire come from / go to? Reason I ask it doesnt look stock.
The wire comes out of the passenger side of the fuse box and into the firewall. It has 12.1 volts on it. The only thing I can think of it being from is the hookups for a trailer. Nothing seams to be impacted. Not sure if the hitch and wires are stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Bubblyblue
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing