Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I was at work delivering pizzas. Left the car idling for about 20mins. in between deliveries. When I went back out to leave again, the car was stalled. So, I went to start it back up and it would crank and crank and crank, but no start. I don't know what is wrong with it, and wondered if anyone has had a similar experience and could clue me in to what is wrong. The car has plenty of gas, and was running great all day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Could be any number of things. Ignition module, timing belt, crank position sensor failure. Any other info would be helpful in diagnosis.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked for fuel at the Schrader valve, with the key on, and while cranking, and I get no fuel. I also made sure to check the fuel pump shut off switch just in case. But still a no go. Tommorrow I will try to pull the codes and see what I get. I've just never had it stall on me, and never re-start. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Originally posted by DumbWhiteGuy@Jan 18 2004, 02:38 AM
I checked for fuel at the Schrader valve, with the key on, and while cranking, and I get no fuel.  I also made sure to check the fuel pump shut off switch just in case.  But still a no go.  Tommorrow I will try to pull the codes and see what I get.  I've just never had it stall on me, and never re-start.  Thanks for the help.
Sounds like your fuel pump may have failed, or maybe a fuel pump circuit problem.

When you initially turn the key to the "on" position before cranking the starter, do you hear the "hum" of the fuel pump? How about any clicking from the Constant Control Relay Module (the CCRM contains the fuel pump relay)? These threads should help you if it is indeed a fuel pump issue:

http://www.superhighoutput.com/tech_view.php?id=7

http://www.superhighoutput.com/tech_view.php?id=5

And definitely check for codes!

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Check the fuel shut off switch in the trunk. Someone may have tripped it for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help everyone! I have narrowed it down to the CCRM. So, I bypassed it for now, connecting the input of the inertia switch to the fuse box. Car starts and runs fine for now. I'll have to order a new CCRM from Ford ($170), unless I can find somewhere else that sells them. But atleast it is running.
Now tomorrow, I get the pleasure of doing a heater core, and thermostat, fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts