Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, help me out here. My windows squeak when move them. Doesn't matter up or down, they squeak (but more so when going down). What do you guys suggest I do? I'm going crazy here, and it's likely only going to get worse. All of the windows work no problem, they just squeak.
Thanks.

-mobiuslogic

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I did go to the dealer for that. They claim that the rails on the side of the window get dirty and just need a cleaning. It worked for a couple of weeks then the squeeking noise came back, but only going over bumps.

Currently it's got a small rattling noise that I can't figure out if it's the sway bars, strut mounts, springs, caliper bolts whatever, but I know it's not the ball joint or tie rod. Anyway that noise is probably hiding any squeeking noise I'd probably be hearing if that were gone.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i had a problem with that on the honda accord i used to have. the window seals on the inside and out were dry rotted and were squeaking along the window. try some KY Jelly -- that's what i did. you'll have to do that every once in a while, but hey, better than squeaking all the time.

vaseline would probably work too, but its oil based and is likely to smear the **** outta the glass.

good luck.

·
Registered
233 Posts
A silicon based lubricant on the frame should do the trick. Our BMW had that problem and that kind of lubricant basically fixed it.

Julian

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the frame around the window? Or on the frame that raises and lowers the window (inside the door). <please be the first one> [/pray]

-mobiuslogic

·
Registered
341 Posts
the one around the window is the one i think we're talking about...but if you can do both...what's it hurt?

good luck taking that door apart if you decide to do the inner one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts