Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this squeaking coming from under the hood I did the logical thing and replaced the belt and it was still squeaking. My second step I replaced the tensioner nope still squeaking while inspecting everything I noticed the squeaking seems to be coming from the intake area and seems to be less loud down towards spark plugs. The sound gets faster as rpms go up then goes away when rpms are above 1000. I suspect it could just be my bad hearing and I’m wrong about where it’s coming from but figure I should cover all bases. Another thing I noticed the water pump pulley seems to rattle a bit so does the tensioner even after putting in a brand new one. My dad suggested changing out the alternator but I don’t know if that’s the problem or would help. Any thoughts or advice on this would be great I will say that the car runs perfectly fine just this squeaking is annoying me. If you need any more info I’ll try to be as active as I can till the problem is fixed or till I give up

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
So I have this squeaking coming from under the hood I did the logical thing and replaced the belt and it was still squeaking. My second step I replaced the tensioner nope still squeaking while inspecting everything I noticed the squeaking seems to be coming from the intake area and seems to be less loud down towards spark plugs. The sound gets faster as rpms go up then goes away when rpms are above 1000. I suspect it could just be my bad hearing and I’m wrong about where it’s coming from but figure I should cover all bases. Another thing I noticed the water pump pulley seems to rattle a bit so does the tensioner even after putting in a brand new one. My dad suggested changing out the alternator but I don’t know if that’s the problem or would help. Any thoughts or advice on this would be great I will say that the car runs perfectly fine just this squeaking is annoying me. If you need any more info I’ll try to be as active as I can till the problem is fixed or till I give up

With the belt off, turn each pulley except the PS. Each should be smooth and no in/out movement. The PS is a sleeve bearing and will have some in/out movement that is normal. Alt, water pump, and A/C have dual ball bearings and should have zero slack. A/C pulleys common fail. OE have rubber springs and they go bad and let the clutch drag. I have had 2 A/C clutch fail, and bought 2 used Bulls and both have had the OE A/C replaced prior to my buy. (99K and 107K) Point is, OE A/C clutch common fail.

-chart-

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sounds like you have a camshaft synchronizer chirping! It is under the wiring harness near the thermostat housing. Search the forum for replacement. Heed the warning to use ONLY Ford Motorcraft replacement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you have a camshaft synchronizer chirping! It is under the wiring harness near the thermostat housing. Search the forum for replacement. Heed the warning to use ONLY Ford Motorcraft replacement.
So going over my engine again after watching this I’m sure this is my problem the car in the vid sounds exactly like my squeaking problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
01_Bull.Tom
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing