Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am new here, but have a couple questions. When I turn left there is a squeaking noise that seems to come from my front tire. :( It almost sounds like rubber against rubber. i checked tire pressure and it is fine. Any idea what this could be? Also, I get a lot of vibration when I am driving over 55MPH. Sometimes when I am going either 65 or 75 and let up on the gas, the whole car seems to shake. I had my tires balanced and rotated and he said my tires were in really good shape. It seemed to help for a while but now it has started again. :wacko: I don't know much about fixing cars, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
:sun:

·
Registered
517 Posts
hey welcome to TCCA

umm first things i would check is the power stering pump (could be belt slipping)

next i think i would look in to a front end alinment...

those are the only things i can think of... sorry if i am not much help and good luck with it :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Mine did it. It was tie rod ends making the brake rotor shield vibrate. Also took care of an annoying shake at 65-70mph (but a wheel rotation done soon after may have helped that).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed that you have a problem I recently had fixed on both of my 1997 Taurii. The squeak that you mentioned turned out to be the outer tie-rod end. I had mine replaced for around $100. You will probably have to change only one of them, either passenger side or driver side. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with mileage because my red 97 has 96k miles and my gold 97 has 26k miles.

The vibration is something that I am experiencing with my red 97. My mechanic read a Technical Service Bulletin on the vehicle that mentions a spring in the steering column or mechanics that has to be replaced. I assume that the spring acts as a vibration dampener of some sort. The part has to be ordered from Ford and installation and the part will be under $100.

Just curious, what year is your Taurus and how many miles are on it?

I hope that this has been of some help to you. Good luck.

I replied to your post on Automotiveforums.com as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 1996 Taurus with 112,000+ on it. So...if it sqeaks when I turne left is it the left one I need to replace.
Does anyone know anyone near Delaware, OH (20 miles North of Cols) that will do this work, as well as replace brake pads and rotors, for a reasonable price??? I recently separated from my husband and $$$ is really tight.
Thanks so much for all your help!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
135 Posts
i beleive pitted rotors can cause vibration also. have front rotors been checked?
also i have a mechanic friend in columbus who will do work for you
real cheap. he's working on my tranny right now.
dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts