Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hearing a rubbery squeaking sound come from the driver's side front of the car when I turn the wheel back and forth when not moving, I also hear a squeaking sound when I push down on that same corner. I replaced the wheel bearing and halfshaft on that side 2 summers ago. I'm thinking tie rods, ball joints, any one got a clue what it could be. PS, I don't hear any strange noises while i'm driving even if I go over a bump.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok this is weird, but the squeaking when I push down is gone! Apparently, it comes and goes, how odd....

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Ok this is weird, but the squeaking when I push down is gone! Apparently, it comes and goes, how odd....
Contaminated boots on the suspension parts, perhaps? I would take the tires off and wiggle the tie rod end sockets and see how they feel, check the end links for shitz n giggles. If you have greasetits on your suspension components (should have them if you've redone the suspension with good parts) now would be a good time to break a grease gun out and repack them.

Other than that, you might be right on the ball joints.

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
Sounds like the upper strut bearing. I've done this fix on a few Tauruses and works everytime. Open the hood and pour a small amount of motor oil on the strut tops. Just enough to soak the open area and not so much it runs down the strut towers. Once the oil works it way into the area, the noise will disappear.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Sounds like the upper strut bearing. I've done this fix on a few Tauruses and works everytime. Open the hood and pour a small amount of motor oil on the strut tops. Just enough to soak the open area and not so much it runs down the strut towers. Once the oil works it way into the area, the noise will disappear.
I remember using your fix the first time I did an oil change. Fixed the squeaking until I replaced the struts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts