Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems my 08 taurus sel has started making a lovely squeak sound every time I hit a small bump which are numerous around here. It doesnt seem there is any damage I just had ford look at it when they did an alignment...I wonder if they could just lubricate to stop the squeak? It seems more annoying than anything else I just want it to stop.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Not sure how the E-brake cables are routed on the newer taurus, but on my g/fs 08 focus the Ebrake cables were squeaking on their brackets when the suspension flexed. May want to see if you are having a similar issue. All i did was spray some lube on them and they've been quiet since.

·
Registered
10 Posts
NO!!! don't use wd40 it will just make it worst.. grease its bushings then tighten up everything.. Check if you have a loose part.. it aint good to be driving around with it.. and slow down over bumps.. most likely car problems like this roots from camber bushings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would I tell the ford folks? I am incapable of doing this myself as I have no garage or tools I took it to them for the noise and they said they found no problems but it still does it?...im quite young and although I can tear apart a diesel engine and put it back toghether including timing and everything...I know little about passenger vehicles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is it a squeak, or a creaking? Creaking, I would grease the upper strut mounts. That was my problem... Squeak, I may think either a dried up ball joint or maybe a hood latch. Yes, I've had hood latches squeak... :unsure:

To check if it's the hood, just pop it and hit some bumps... If the noise is gone, you know where it's coming from.

·
Registered
22,851 Posts
Sway bar end links (dribble, patter, clunk)? Does it squeak when turning at a slow speed? Sound like rubbing your hand over an inflated balloon? If so, I would suspect outer tie rod ends.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try bouncing the car by the rear bumper to see if the squeak is there. If it is, have someone bounce it while you lay underneath each side to determine if it's left or right. I've fixed a pile of squeaks from the rear park brake cables right where they pass thru a hole in a piece of metal. If that's it just apply silicone lube from a tube all around the area where the cable rubs against the metal. You don't need very much as it can attract dirt. I agree with Imaperson's reply!

·
Registered
227 Posts
It is probably the upper strut mounts. Mine went bad and it made squeaking sounds. Im thinking its a common problem on these cars. I would also plan on replacing your struts as well. My mounts were replaced under a warranty and i chose not to replace the struts and now it has a new noise. The struts are a dealer items and usually need special ordered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, creaking could be a serious issue. It seems like it would be best to just take it in for some automobile repair. Then you can be confident everything has been fixed. These cars treat you right if you treat them right! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts