Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '02 Bull, and I've come to realize that I'm a bit of an idiot!

I was messing around in the trunk, and I saw the two levers on either side. Needless to say, now I'm kicking myself because I unhooked one and released all the tension from the mechanism. I didn't realize what it was until it was too late.

So now I can't get it hooked in and tensioned properly, my truck gap is all ****-eyed AND my trunk is very heavy and won't stay up by itself.

Any help would be appreciated..

Just had a thought.. would it be easier to tension that mechanism when the trunk is closed?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I have an '02 Bull, and I've come to realize that I'm a bit of an idiot!

I was messing around in the trunk, and I saw the two levers on either side. Needless to say, now I'm kicking myself because I unhooked one and released all the tension from the mechanism. I didn't realize what it was until it was too late.

So now I can't get it hooked in and tensioned properly, my truck gap is all ****-eyed AND my trunk is very heavy and won't stay up by itself.

Any help would be appreciated..

Just had a thought.. would it be easier to tension that mechanism when the trunk is closed?
i changed one on my gen3. there are two different tension settings you can put the spring in. its like a little catch the end of the spring latches in. (one on each side of the trunk lid) you need to get on your back in the truck and say a few choice words to accomplish the task. I tried to find out before if there were different tension springs. even after i changed mine, it still does not stay up very well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.