Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the weather seems to be clearing up so im gonna get the bull clean and protected. i have the frost silver on my 07 sel and have used in the past maquires 3 step. i love the finish after wards. it seems that the stores around here dont carry it anymore. :angry: i dont want to waste time or money on what the label says. what do you guys use and do you love it????

i tested the mothers back to black polish on my plastic and i love it. so far it still black after being rained on over 15 times and washed.:wub:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I haven't heard of back to black polish, unless you're talking about what people use on black paint.

The black plastic parts on my car faded, I used turtle wax "ice" which worked pretty good but looks like it started fading again. I used ice all over the interior and it works wonders though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
^^ Agreed. Ice does wonders on the interior and plastic molding. I also use Meguiars as a normal polish.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mothers back to black is for plastic trim. it just came out this year. i used the ice on the inside before but i found that pledge work awesome and it seems to clean easier

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mother's BtB has been around for years, I picked my first bottle up for my former father-in-law when I saw still living in Sumter, SC, that was about four to five years ago, and he used it to restore the trim of his Freightliner Classic that spent a lot of time down in the quarry.

As for recommendations of products, I have used a number of them over the years and what I can tell you is what you see for sale at your local auto parts store doesn't hold a candle to the best products I've used.

My recommendations:

Car Wash - Poor Boy's Super Slick & Suds
Paint Cleaner - Klasse AIO (All-In-One)
Polish - Menzerna SuperFinish for dark colors, Menzerna Final Polish for light colors
Paint Sealer - Zaino Z-2 Pro
Wax "Topper" - Poor Boy's Natty's Blue

Use those, in that order, and you will have a mirror-perfect, "wet gloss" look for months, easy.

For a spray detailer in between waxes, Zaino Z-6.

If you have a leather interior, Lexol makes great cleaners and conditioners that you can buy at most auto parts stores or western wear/leather clothing stores, but Zaino Z-9 and Z-10 leave a true leather scent lingering when done.

For a tire dressing, Zaino Z-16 is my go-to choice, it is water based, which means it isn't super glossy like silicone-based ones (Black Magic, No Touch, vast majority of your tire shines on the market), gives a slight, noticeable gloss without being obnoxious, won't sling off, easily lasts as long as silicone-based tire shines. The best feature is it won't damage your tires, silicone-based shines damage the rubber with continued use.

For a wheel cleaner, P21S, find it at your local motorcycle shop.

For glass, about the only thing I go to an auto parts store to pick up to detail with, Stoner's Invisible Glass, aerosol version. Got water spots? One Grand paste glass cleaner.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you use an all in one and then another 3 steps? and ive been looking for a water based tire dress. I saw the damage done to my set of tires on my crown vic. the tires have about 20 thousand miles on them and need to be replaced. sad i spent over 800 on them thinking they would last the life of the car.

·
Registered
374 Posts
so you use an all in one and then another 3 steps? and ive been looking for a water based tire dress. I saw the damage done to my set of tires on my crown vic. the tires have about 20 thousand miles on them and need to be replaced. sad i spent over 800 on them thinking they would last the life of the car.
As a paint cleaner, Klasse AIO is about as good as it gets, much like any product that tries to combine two or three separate steps into one product, they can do one or two things great, but that third or fourth, not so much. Same story with Klasse AIO, as a paint cleaner, excellent(!), as a sealer, leaves a few things to be desired, as a polish, yeah right.

So yes, Klasse AIO and more steps follow it. B)

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I use Meguiers spray quick wax and quick detail on the wagon and the finish is fantastic. I use the quick wax about every 3 weeks through summer to fall. I will also use the quick detail anywhere from 1 to 5 times a week when I go to shows or cruises. I always spray the detailer / wax onto a rag first then rub into the finish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts