Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some cleaning up around the shop, and found a few things that need to go. Also, we'll be trading in Anonda's car at the end of summer, so I'm going to start liquidating some of my Gen 3 stuff also. Here goes:

Plastic Vulcan intake: I was going to adapt this to my Gen 3, however since it's leaving us, it doesn't make much sense. $25 plus shipping.

Gen 2 tail lights, excellent condition. $50 plus shipping.

Gen 2 SHO fenders, in black. Perfect condition. I'd rather do a local pickup (or I can meet you). These would cost more to ship than the selling price. $25 each.

Gen 2 SHO hood, in black. Good condition. No dents or dings. I'd rather do a pickup on this also. $50.

Gen 1 plus hood, in green. This is in addition to the one on the parts car. I'd rather to a pickup on this also. Fair condition, no cracks or breakage. Needs paint. $100.

21 lb. 3.8 police injectors. They will fit a Vulcan also. $40 for the set of 6.

I also have a couple 3.8 and 3.0 lower manifolds, contact me with needs or for porting/polishing of these.

UPDATES

Some of the stuff previsously listed is now gone, the above listed items are still available. Additionally, I currently have a 95 3.0 Taurus with a blown engine, questionable AX4N. Not much good on it except the doors, trunk and hood, etc, but if you need something let me know. This car is headed for the crusher in a week.

Any and all of these items can be picked up in RI (near Providence), or I can deliver some stuff within a reasonable distance. Also, I work in Brockton MA, I can meet someone there.

All items are priced as listed, or best offer. If you need/want something and think it's too high of a price, make an offer!

Thanks for looking!

-Bob

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Plastic intake? Do you mean the manifold? I might be interested if it's the manifold and not too hard to install.

American Motorsport chip. How do i find out what my code is?

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
American Motorsport reflashed PCM for a 97, code JZA3. I put a stock one back in, in case we find a deal too good to pass up. I wouldn't want to have to leave the reflashed PCM in the car! $100 plus shipping.

Same question as above. And if it works for my car, and stpd doesnt want it... I'm interested.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
the code will pe on the pcm sticking out of your firewall. The apen chip will need to be reflashed to be able to plug into your computer unless your code is the same. As for the american motorsports thing...its not a chip!!! Is a PCM that has been reflashed. so it will work on any gen 3 vulcan, possible gen 4's as well. You replace your stock pcm with it.

Pmed about the visors.

Brad

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by stpidhoser@Jun 6 2004, 12:22 PM
So is it a 4 letter/number code on a white sticker by the right shock tower?
It could still be there, but to be sure, check on the PCM itself. It'll be near the connector. If you need a pic, let me know and I'll take one. Sometimes, PCM's have been reflashed, and should have been labeled by the dealer. That's why the strut tower label is not always correct.

For the PCM that has been reflashed, Brad is correct. It should work on any Gen 3 or 4 Vulcan (code U) engine. The only thing I wouldn't be sure about is PATS equipped cars, and Flex Fuel cars. It may not work on those.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by stpidhoser@Jun 6 2004, 09:02 AM
Plastic intake? Do you mean the manifold? I might be interested if it's the manifold and not too hard to install.

American Motorsport chip. How do i find out what my code is?
Yes, the upper manifold. I'm not sure how hard it would be to get working on a Gen 3 (or other gen) Vulcan though. I do know that the EGR tubing would need to be re-routed, and possibly other minor things. I didn't look too much into it though, with the car going, it's just a matter of maintaining it now.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais+Jun 6 2004, 01:05 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bob Gervais @ Jun 6 2004, 01:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stpidhoser@Jun 6 2004, 12:22 PM
So is it a 4 letter/number code on  a white sticker by the right shock tower?
It could still be there, but to be sure, check on the PCM itself. It'll be near the connector. If you need a pic, let me know and I'll take one. Sometimes, PCM's have been reflashed, and should have been labeled by the dealer. That's why the strut tower label is not always correct.

For the PCM that has been reflashed, Brad is correct. It should work on any Gen 3 or 4 Vulcan (code U) engine. The only thing I wouldn't be sure about is PATS equipped cars, and Flex Fuel cars. It may not work on those. [/b][/quote]
Yea. I could use a pic to show where it's at. I looked for about 5 mins and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Jun 6 2004, 06:46 PM
so what exactly does that AM reflashed PCM do?

did it make Anonda's car shift smoother? I noticed that on the ride.
Ash, check this link: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6172

Its my review of my American Motorsport experience with the programs they made for me and i quoted Bob from the thread on his experience where he sent a PCM in to them. I believe its the one he's selling.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Will the mAF and the Filter fit onto my Gen 2 GL?

If so... i want and ill try to get cash asap

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by stpidhoser+Jun 6 2004, 01:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stpidhoser @ Jun 6 2004, 01:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Bob [email protected] 6 2004, 01:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-stpidhoser
@Jun 6 2004, 12:22 PM
So is it a 4 letter/number code on  a white sticker by the right shock tower?

For the PCM that has been reflashed, Brad is correct. It should work on any Gen 3 or 4 Vulcan (code U) engine. The only thing I wouldn't be sure about is PATS equipped cars, and Flex Fuel cars. It may not work on those.
Yea. I could use a pic to show where it's at. I looked for about 5 mins and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance. [/b][/quote]
Rained all day here, I'll get a pic ASAP. May be Tuesday before I have a chance though.

For Ashley, and others interested, the AM reflashed PCM removed the speed limiter, quickened up the shifts a bit (not too harsh at all), and raised the shift points slighty.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by taurus_attack@Jun 6 2004, 10:07 PM
I need the front left SLO headlight, I will take the pair. How much is shipping?
PM sent.

Also, the PCM, visors and LeBra are taken.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I also have a couple 3.8 and 3.0 lower manifolds, contact me with needs or for porting/polishing of these.
Do you have one that wil fit a Gen IV Vulcan? If so, very interested. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
PM sent about the Apten chip.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts