Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was at my local Ford dealer on Saturday. The Ford web site, Ford brochures, etc. all say that the SES Sport is no longer available.

However, the FIRST car I saw on the lot was a 2004 SES Sport. Had the sport rims, sport interior (two tone seats with the silver accents) and the "Sport 24 Valve" emblem. From the side I thought it was a 2003 but then saw it had the 2004 Tail lights and the new bumper/grill in the front.

As I kept walking I also noticed that the LX wheel covers are a lot different for 2004. They now have a colored Ford logo and the spokes are smaller.

There is also new rims available for the SE and SES. They are sweet. They are a dull silver and they kind of pop out and then slowly curve inwards the more they get to the top of the rim. I believe they are 5 spoke rims.

So the Ford brochure is wrong. There is actually 6 different wheels available on the 2004 Taurus. The brochure only shows THREE! The SES Sport is still available, too.

I find it rediculous that the Ford brochure and web site could be so misleading. I think its very unprofessional that they don't advertise things they have. So a person picks out the model they want and go to pick it up...but when they get to the dealer there are completely different cars available. Go Ford!

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
maybe its because they only produced a few hundred like those.. and you were ust lucky enough to se eit...

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
True story Jesse... could have been a fluke... oh and this thread is worthless without pics!!

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Or it could have been one of those transition cars where they had 2003 parts left over while in the process of getting new parts for the 2004 lineup; I don't think Ford pays that much attention to how well the production line reflects the brochures for our cars anymore

·
Registered
887 Posts
I was looking at the website maybe about a month ago and they had the option for 2004 SES Sport, but it was gone even as of a couple of weeks ago. So, maybe it was some sort of transition (they probably just had some extra Sport wheels and interior trim lying around...).

P.S. The two Cincy area dealerships I've been in don't even have any brochures for the 2004 Bull at all!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Dude.. How the hell did you end up posting that in this thread?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Woah! I think he meant it to go in that Two tone thread.......

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by 93taurusSX@Feb 16 2004, 02:21 PM
Or it could have been one of those transition cars where they had 2003 parts left over while in the process of getting new parts for the 2004 lineup; I don't think Ford pays that much attention to how well the production line reflects the brochures for our cars anymore :p
I've seen a couple of those. I actually talked to a dealer who had one in 2004.

·
Registered
9 Posts
maybe someone transformed it into an SES sport. i no i sure as hell would if i had the money. i love my SES Sport but who wouldnt want an even newer one??

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
There were 04 SES Sports built for about the first 1/3 of the model year.
I've seen about 5 or 6 around here in the Detroit MI area.

Saw a rare 04 merlot SES sport at Walmarts in Canton MI and then one in Ann Arbor MI last year.
Not many sports around in that new 04 color. :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
All I need is a Spoiler for my dad's '04 SES 24v Tec and it's already a Sport B)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
:werd: I started reading it and I was like :freak2:
Then I saw the date :lol2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts