Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about looking for a sponsor here in a few weeks once I get my fiberglass work done. I really just want to get one of the stereo shops here in Albuquerque to do it. All I really need is to have them build me a speaker box tuned for the highest SPL I can get.

How would I go about getting them to help me out, and who would I need to talk to?

S

·
0 Posts
Talk to the owners, show off some of your stuff that's already installed.

Corporations will also sponsor you. Audio companies and stuff like that... Just have most of the things installed and show off what you already have. Thats about it...

Prove it to them that their time will not be wasted

Sal

·
Registered
746 Posts
good luck with it. pretty much every stereo shop i know has rules against sponsoring any consumer vehicles. they all have the means to build their own vehicles and they dont have to worry about it being someones daily car... when i went asking shops the best offer i got was that they could give me stickers, nothing else. free advertising for them, that is the best they can offer. its not to say you wont be able to do it, but just be prepared for it.

also, they probably wont see you as the type to enter your car in competitions if you cant design and build your own box... if that is all you need then shoot me an IM and i can give you box building software. youll find its alot easier, cheaper, and more fun to design and build the boxes yourself :) . plus, you will learn alot about audio from it ;)

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What program anr you talking about? I have probox5 I havn't sat down and used it.

·
Registered
746 Posts
i got WinISD. its a very simple to use program. i havent played with probox5, and havent heard anything about it either. WinISD is pretty much the standard amongst the free programs used by people, very easy to learn, and it tells you alot.

but you gotta remember also that a program is only going to simulate the possible response to a given circumstance in a given environment. what the program tells you just gives a rough idea, and it should be taken with a grain of salt. i basically just use the program for port lengths and QTC's. most everything else i disregaurd because it changes in the real world, especially in car audio.

S

·
0 Posts
Sounds interesting. I was wondering if you can pass that out to me. I was thinking about doing something new with the Sable. I had a Audio System in it, but took it out when I started making more power out of the Sable. Let me know, Thank you,

Sal

·
Registered
746 Posts
im at home on a different computer for the weekend. but shoot me an IM on AIM on monday or anytime after that and i can give it to you. it is a free download, if i can find the website i will post it

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the link I just went there to download it. It seemes to be good but I need to figure out how it is going to help me build my box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts