Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Taurus SEL replaced rotors and pads. Did not open hydraulic system. After change, brakes work but pedal goes to floor. Bled brakes no change. Replaced all four flex lines to calipers and master cylinder. System bled thoroughly. No change. The only thing I can think of is something happened from fluid back flow when the pistons were pressed back in. I see this problem a lot while searching for solution. Haven't found a solution that worked for others yet. I really need some help. It all started from a simple pad and rotor change. Everything looks in really good condition.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is another way, does not require scan tool - I've had Chevy's and Hyundais do this. I bought a brake bleed tool that pumps fluid from the bleeder valve up to the reservoir. Was featured on (Stacy ?)'s Gearz show. It works perfectly, fluid flows back through as it would under normal pressure, eventually you'll hear it bubble and burp. Most abs systems are designed with check valves that prevent fluid going down to the calipers in case of a blown line, so without a scan tool to cycle it you can't bleed top down (unlike pre abs, where you could just let gravity do the work.

I don't have the name of it handy, and it was about $50. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here's the link;

Super easy, not messy at all. Site says $194 but you can find it around $60. It took me less than an hour to completely reverse bleed all new fluid in my extended cab, 8' box Silverado (not my current nightmare) when I did a complete brake line replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts