Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found out that 4 led's on my spoiler went out. I am wondering if anyone knows why only 4 went out. Is this a common thing? I would like to replace just the 4 rather than spend the money for a whole new light bar. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Why 4? Because when LEDs are wired together they are usually wired in series of 3 or 4 LEDs followed by a resistor. So if one of the LEDs burn out then the rest of the ones in the series will follow suit. If you get a set of LED strips it's one of the things you can try and see.

EDIT: Also this means that you will have to replace the whole LED bar, unless you have enough experience with LEDs to where you can solder in some new ones to replace the (possibly one or two) that actually burnt out.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
The same reason only one light bulb will go out in your house. It was its time to go.

I know for the Gen2 you have to replace the whole setup. I do not know about the Gen4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I wasn't sure if they were wired in a series or parallel. I'll just see if I can fix the couple that burnt out. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts