Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a rear wing/spoiler for my 99' Tauri, and well all I seem to find are these little tiny wings that look like they won't do a damn thing for the downforce. I'm going to throw down some bill$ for the body kit AndysAuto put out for us, and I want something to accentuate the body kit more than the little factory wings we have. I live in the middle of nowhere so I can fly at top speeds just about everyday with all the empty highways around. :burnout:
And well any how I was just wondering if any of you have tried any other wings besides the factory stylz? I know there aren't a lot of choices because of the sloped ass of the Gen 3 :bootyshake: . I don't want to get a Aluminum wing but I think it might be my only choice. :rice:

Any and all responses will be appreciated Thanks,

·
Registered
170 Posts
give a pic of the differnt spoilers u like and a pic of ur car and we should vote on witch one will fite and look best :)

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
i was searching google and found this.

S

·
0 Posts
I would stick with the factory one. All aftermarkets for the Taurus and universal just look FUGLY!

Sal

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by DeltarMN+Aug 12 2004, 06:18 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeltarMN @ Aug 12 2004, 06:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SilverKnight@Aug 12 2004, 05:44 PM
i was searching google and found this. http://www.v8sho.com/SHO/images/97_SHO_with_tail.jpg' alt='' width='332' height='185' class='attach' />[/url]i was searching google and found this. [/b][/quote]
Thats what I want. [/b][/quote]
:jawdrop: That looks so... :gay: :rice:

JR

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
^^^^ fkn clean!

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I like the spoiler on Sarah's car. It was very clean looking and had lines that matched the Gen III very well. Everything looked incredibly smooth. Now that monstrosity above...that's a different story.

By the way InjunJoe...why do you think you need downforce on the rear wheels? You have a fwd car. If you're looking for something to give you a bit better handling, get a front strut tower brace from teh BoB, some subframe connectors, and upgrade your sway bars. That will provide much better handling that the additional downforce (drag, in your case) that a big erector set wing could.

JR

·
Registered
920 Posts
I know this is a little off subject but does anyone know where detroit raver got her blacked out tail lights? I would love to have some of those.

-Scott

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by Ict_Lx@Aug 13 2004, 08:52 AM
I know this is a little off subject but does anyone know where detroit raver got her blacked out tail lights? I would love to have some of those.

-Scott
i am actually selling them if you are intersted. i niteshaded them. check your pms. and yeah, the spoiler on my 97 did fit perfect. heres a better pic of the spoiler showing the lines and stuff. i know this pic has been posted so many times. but its a nice rear!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
For the record, the Gen 3 SHO spoiler is far different than any other spoiler available for the Taurus. It provides a calculated amount of downforce for overall vehicle stability at speeds of 120-150mph, maybe more (but that's irrelevant). At the same time, it has a lower drag coefficient than any of the other spoilers. It just so happens that many people don't like how it looks, but that's the way it goes... form following function. :)

If you keep your car under 120mph, don't bother with a SHO spoiler. Pick one that looks nice. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey thanks for all the replies, peeps. :thumb:
I'm feeling that silver SHO, but it definitely says rice. Is that a terminator wing?
Well when I make my decision I'll definitely post a pic of my body kit with the wing I decide to use for future reference. Thanks again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts