Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, tomorrow I am going to go get metered finally.

I was wondering what a few tones would be to start out with? I was going to try right around the 32-25 mark, but then the guy that does the testing says most people shoot for around the 50hz mark.

Where should I try? After talking to him, (he said to test with tones) I was thinking of maybe trying 35, 45, and 55hz.

I am using a Fusion NV2500 amp, running at one ohm, have my bass boost @ 45hz set to about half way, and the LP crossover set to max at 250hz, and the LP crossover on the deck set to 80hz.

I have 4 JBL P1022 subs, in a sealed enclosure, each sub has approximately 1cube of space, or whatever the minimum was for them.

I have also removed my rear speakers, and i have a vent that i made last summer to allow more sound into the cabin. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Best way to tell is just to go download those short test tones (30sec or so) from realm of excursion and burn a set to a cd or however you get your tunes to your car and see how they sound.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I went and got my car tested.

I was not impressed with the outcome.

I only hit a 138.6 DB @ 35hz. I only had 30 seconds to try, so I tried 35,45,55. I think there might be something up with the guys termlab, since they said i was the highest score they had so far.

Guy before me apparently had 4 12" Pioneers in a hatchback that were the SPL line, and only hit a 137. IMHO, he should have hit louder than mine simply based on the fact mine is a trunk set up.

So I dunno. Guess I will check another place to get a second opinion..

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, after a little reading and talking to the guy at the shop igot my stuff from, he told me What i metered was not actually bad at all at the frequency i hit. Sounds like the place that does the testing also puts the sensor in the wrong spot. instead of bottom right he put it top right. that can make a difference from What i read. also have sealing issues in the car to address.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What kind of meter did you get put on, and where exactly was the sensor placement? Also, was this with the windows up or sealed?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (SableNave @ Jun 3 2009, 12:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729847
Also, what all exactly is in your setup? Subwoofer brand and model, quantity, amp brand, etc[/b]
Learn to read bro, its in the OP.

QUOTE (Zeptoplix @ May 29 2009, 04:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728914
I am using a Fusion NV2500 amp, running at one ohm, have my bass boost @ 45hz set to about half way, and the LP crossover set to max at 250hz, and the LP crossover on the deck set to 80hz.

I have 4 JBL P1022 subs, in a sealed enclosure, each sub has approximately 1cube of space, or whatever the minimum was for them.[/b]

·
Registered
167 Posts
QUOTE (Mediarocker @ Jun 3 2009, 07:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729879
QUOTE (SableNave @ Jun 3 2009, 12:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729847
Also, what all exactly is in your setup? Subwoofer brand and model, quantity, amp brand, etc[/b]
Learn to read bro, its in the OP.

QUOTE (Zeptoplix @ May 29 2009, 04:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728914

I have 4 JBL P1022 subs, in a sealed enclosure, each sub has approximately 1cube of space, or whatever the minimum was for them.[/b]
[/b][/quote]
No need to be a **** man, I did not see that at 2 in the morning... Doesn't sound like a termlab to me, did the mic look like this

or this
? And if you can remember, was the display on this
or this

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (SableNave @ Jun 3 2009, 01:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729933
No need to be a **** man, I did not see that at 2 in the morning... Doesn't sound like a termlab to me, did the mic look like this

or this
? And if you can remember, was the display on this
or this
[/b]
Didn't mean to come across as such, just i'm kinda blunt :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts