Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 ford taurus, aftermarket system and all, and of course my speedometer now doesnt work.

I know that the speedo and the radio are on the same fuse but it used to work all the time with a 15 amp one in there. Now its once in a blue moon my speedo will work with my stereo. My stereo works fine, im not blowing any fuses, and now i have a 20amp in there. My question is the wire to my speedo like fried and I should go back and re wire, i dunno if there is another quickie fix to the problem but in case there is before i rip my dash apart again

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by Neslo@Aug 6 2004, 11:27 AM
I have a 97 ford taurus, aftermarket system and all, and of course my speedometer now doesnt work.

I know that the speedo and the radio are on the same fuse but it used to work all the time with a 15 amp one in there. Now its once in a blue moon my speedo will work with my stereo. My stereo works fine, im not blowing any fuses, and now i have a 20amp in there. My question is the wire to my speedo like fried and I should go back and re wire, i dunno if there is another quickie fix to the problem but in case there is before i rip my dash apart again
Sounds like a loose wire or bad speedo unit. Either way, looks like it's back to ripping the dash out :blink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is so damn pointless i cant figure out the problem and someday i would really like to know how fast im going

RPM and Gas gauges work fine, errrrrrrrrrrrr jesus

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.