Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't find anything when I searched for it before.

Sometimes my speedometer will cut out for a second when I am driving. And also sometimes when I first start moving the speedometer will not work for a while. When this happens my power steering still works, but it does become a lot more sensitive when the speedometer starts working again. When it doesn't work for a while when I first start moving the transmission will not change gears.

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Check the topic finder or search feature @ top of this page for vehicle speed sensor. There is an old thread: Wheres the vss by tiny taurus terror accompanied with some pics. of its location. On gen3 ax4ns, it sits on the tranny below the evr (egr solenoid) vertically under a foil rect. cube-like open-ended heat shield. Iirc, on an axod or ax4s, it sits horizontally (parallel) on the tranny under a heat shield a little more towards the drivers side. Poss. under #2 cyl.?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've been having problems with my speedo/weird 1-2 shifts too. I just looked for it on my car. Wow, it's pretty far down there! You'll definitely need a flashlight when you replace it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts