Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedo cable broke, and i went to replace it but cant get it to lock into place behind the cluster??? Any help or thoughts on how to do this an easier way is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you working from inside the car? Maybe a little side to side or up and down pressure while trying to push it on the rear of the cluster. Are you sure the cable is exactly the same as the old one?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it, figured out its easier to take the cable off the tranny completely, pull the cluster out, install the speedo cable from inside the car through the firewall and push it onto the back of the cluster, then reinstall the cluster and dash components. Go under the hood and reattach the speedo cable to the tranny! Took about 10mins as where I pulled the factory cable from the tranny and broke it trying to pull it too much from inside the car, I learned how to correctly remove the cable from the tranny in the parts yard and it went really smooth. Hope this helps someone in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.