Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gen4 ses with the vulcan engine. My speedo goes to 120 as most of you know. I have been curious for a while now if i would be able to put a sho cluster from like a gen3 in it, u know the ones that go to 150, and if all i would have to do is just plug it in or if there would be programming involved. thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
you WILL have to do someting, this is not a plug and play mod.

You will either have to do the following:

-Get the puter re-programed for the diff speedo
- there are gears which are sized for the diff. speedo's, you would have to get a new gear for the new speedo. This is not cheap. FPO.com listed these as over $200

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ouch, thats expensive. Well there is always an alternative, just get a digital one that can be wired to run in conjunction with my regular speedo, but will also go higher than 120. I have a friend that did this in his car, but i was really hoping that there would be a fairly easy and inexpensive way to get the 150 speedo.

·
Registered
208 Posts
best way to find dealer prices ... www.fordpartsonline.com then go from there to find cheaper ones, I already looked into it ...

not worth the money unless you can get a digital dash .. .IMHO besides after 120 its all a blur anyway

·
Registered
175 Posts
Would it be possible to have the stock cluster's speedo recalibrated to a new (custome/sho) faceplate?

·
0 Posts
Grn96Taurus is the nicest looking GEN 3 SLO ive ever seen: Sorry its random but had to say it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts