Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Taurus just started having a CEL over the weekend. The code that comes up is a P0715, which has to do with the speed sensor. How involved is this, and it the problem the sensor or is it possibly a harness or connector problem?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
P0715 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction

This is not the VSS but a seperate sensor aft of the valve body. Could be unplugged, damaged wiring harness or bad sensor.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, got it. My mechanic replaced the sensor, but gets the same code back. The scantool can see the sensor, though not sure that the signal is really correct. Still, the fact that it can read the sensor should rule out unplugged sensor or broken wire. Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

The car also has some incorrect gear ratio codes, but I suppose that they can be ignored until the input sensor is working. My gut feel is that the transmission is not slipping, it has slightly firm definite shifts prior to there being any codes or issues.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (dark_fire @ May 29 2010, 05:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807700
Did he replace the TSS or the VSS?[/b]
Allegedly he replaced the TSS. He claims he is getting a reading off it and that it looks like is is supposed to. The shop is out of town, and not my regular mechanic. The shop is telling me that he thinks I should replace the transmission. But my regular transmission shop disagrees with that diagnosis, they feel that either the sensor is bad, the waring is damaged, or the computer is not recognizing the signal. I am gonna try to get the car back in town and have my regular technician look at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts