Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
:lol2: Go Wootton High! Seriously, those kids need to print out the tag for every government official on board with the speed cameras in that area...wonder how long they will stay up after that.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
I think there is a deeper meaning behind this than just getting back at people they don't like. Good for them standing up for something....

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I think there is a deeper meaning behind this than just getting back at people they don't like. Good for them standing up for something....
[/b]
You wouldn't be saying that if you got a fraudulent ticket that you couldn't get out of.

Granted, it's nice to see people proving why speed cameras shouldn't be used, but every one of those little douchebags needs to be taken out back and taught a lesson. Tickets... what a kind thing to do to someone :rolleyes:

A "prank"? I'm not amused.

Now, giving this treatment to the politicians who implemented the system is reasonable payback and would probably get the cameras removed pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>I think there is a deeper meaning behind this than just getting back at people they don't like. Good for them standing up for something....
[/b]
You wouldn't be saying that if you got a fraudulent ticket that you couldn't get out of.

Granted, it's nice to see people proving why speed cameras shouldn't be used, but every one of those little douchebags needs to be taken out back and taught a lesson. Tickets... what a kind thing to do to someone :rolleyes:

A "prank"? I'm not amused.

Now, giving this treatment to the politicians who implemented the system is reasonable payback and would probably get the cameras removed pretty quick.
[/b][/quote]

Actually it would give me reason to fight the whole idea in court ...because I wouldn't like them if Massachusetts used them just blindly giving out tickets without validating the car/driver.....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Damn.

This is directly out of the why-didn't-I-think-of-that department.

Of course, I wouldn't be punking people with it.

I'd be writing down plate numbers at the State Senate parking lot all afternoon, and believe me, I'd go to town.

Zorin

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah...I can just see it now..."8 year old boy killed by speeding driver in "prank"....yeah...that's really funny.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I remember about 8 years ago or so that the City of Chicago just started mailing out parking tickets across the state. I got a notice of one although I had not been to downtown Chicago in probably 10 years at the time.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
seems to me little rich kids that are going to get caught and then the parents will scream bloody murder.

it's all fun and games till someone loses an eye. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
As time goes by we all lose more privacy. We have red light cameras here, but they're easy to dismiss in court, how can they prove who was driving it? Just like us that own G4's and up have crash monitor data recorders that after an accident can be downloaded by insurance companys and law enforcement. They can tell how fast you were going, if the brake or gas was pressed, if seatbelts were worn, as well as seat positions. Most all late model cars and trucks have them, so if you have a wreck, make sure they don't access that information without consent.

·
Registered
887 Posts
We have the red light cameras here in Baton Rouge now and I believe that the cameras are more for revenue than safety. There are masses of emails circulating about people who are getting tickets because they "stopped on the white line" instead of behind it, or not coming to a complete stop before making a turn on red. Do these things really help with public safety?

Next time the Senate is in session at the Capital downtown, I should take my camera and get good shots of all their plates and then stop on the white line with each one of their license plate numbers taped to the back of my car.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
In some cities red light cameras have created more rear end collisons becouse people freak when they see yellow light. Just a matter of time before somone takes a nice long range 22 with a scope and shoots out all the cameras, or takes a wad of wet toilet paper and covers up the lenses :rofl2:

·
Registered
274 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Yeah...I can just see it now..."8 year old boy killed by speeding driver in "prank"....yeah...that's really funny.
[/b]

I think you missed the whole point there captain buzzkill

[/b][/quote]

No, unfortunately, I don't think I did miss the point at all. Pranks are fun, and generally harmless...ok, do they go overboard sometimes, sure. But this is a deliberate and dangerous misuse of identity and a pubic safety (regardless of the debate) device. True, you have a right to privacy, but your traveling on a PUBLIC road to which you actually have no "right". Driving privileges are granted solely at the discretion of the state, you have no "right to privacy" on a public road that is paid for with tax dollars for the use of all licensed and insured drivers. I can stand on a street corner and take pictures all day long of anyone I want. I can even go down to the DMV and pay the clerk for the address of any registerd vehicle and then send the pictures to them. It's all public record, it's not private at all. These kids are the one's who are "theiving" the identity of persons...in fact, to represent yourself as anyone else in the commision of a crime is criminal impersonation and is completely punishable by law. So, that being said....do I think red light cameras or speed cameras are perfect, dunno...never had a problem with one. I lived in Boulder, Colorado where they have been using both for a decade or so...know why I've never had a problem? Because I don't drive recklessly, I don't speed and I don't run red lights. If I did, then I would deserve every ticket they would throw at me. Do I think they are a "cash cow"....mmmm...debatable, many cities don't break even on them, while some do. I would challenge anyone's integrity who thinks that they are not breaking the law because just because a cop in a car didn't actually see them. About ten years ago, my then girlfriend actually did run a red light in my car and I got a ticket in the mail. I was out of town when it happened, she told me it was her. All I had to do is have her sign the affadavit stating it was her driving, she sent in the fine and a copy of her driver's license. It was very easy and not a big deal at all. She broke a traffic law...she paid the fine...and? I'm not attempting to be a "buzzkill", but this just is not funny...it's not even legal. There are ways to challenge the system without putting inoccent lives at risk. Thousands of lives are lost every year because drivers don't take into account their responsibilities on the road. You may think this is "all fun and games" until you get a phone call saying that your husband, wife, son, daughter or whomever was killed or seriously injured by a driver who thought they were being cute. Wanna go fast....go to a track day.

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I think you missed the whole point there captain buzzkill

[/b][/quote]

No, unfortunately, I don't think I did miss the point at all. Pranks are fun, and generally harmless...ok, do they go overboard sometimes, sure. But this is a deliberate and dangerous misuse of identity and a pubic safety (regardless of the debate) device. True, you have a right to privacy, but your traveling on a PUBLIC road to which you actually have no "right". Driving privileges are granted solely at the discretion of the state, you have no "right to privacy" on a public road that is paid for with tax dollars for the use of all licensed and insured drivers. I can stand on a street corner and take pictures all day long of anyone I want. I can even go down to the DMV and pay the clerk for the address of any registerd vehicle and then send the pictures to them. It's all public record, it's not private at all. These kids are the one's who are "theiving" the identity of persons...in fact, to represent yourself as anyone else in the commision of a crime is criminal impersonation and is completely punishable by law. So, that being said....do I think red light cameras or speed cameras are perfect, dunno...never had a problem with one. I lived in Boulder, Colorado where they have been using both for a decade or so...know why I've never had a problem? Because I don't drive recklessly, I don't speed and I don't run red lights. If I did, then I would deserve every ticket they would throw at me. Do I think they are a "cash cow"....mmmm...debatable, many cities don't break even on them, while some do. I would challenge anyone's integrity who thinks that they are not breaking the law because just because a cop in a car didn't actually see them. About ten years ago, my then girlfriend actually did run a red light in my car and I got a ticket in the mail. I was out of town when it happened, she told me it was her. All I had to do is have her sign the affadavit stating it was her driving, she sent in the fine and a copy of her driver's license. It was very easy and not a big deal at all. She broke a traffic law...she paid the fine...and? I'm not attempting to be a "buzzkill", but this just is not funny...it's not even legal. There are ways to challenge the system without putting inoccent lives at risk. Thousands of lives are lost every year because drivers don't take into account their responsibilities on the road. You may think this is "all fun and games" until you get a phone call saying that your husband, wife, son, daughter or whomever was killed or seriously injured by a driver who thought they were being cute. Wanna go fast....go to a track day.
[/b][/quote]
Ya ya we know it's wrong but it's still funny hearing about it. Actually gives me some ideas.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Whew! I'm gonna enjoy this one! Here we go!

Red, I was smack dab in the middle of burning you down when I had to step out, but this will make it that much more fun.

Yeah...I can just see it now..."8 year old boy killed by speeding driver in "prank"....yeah...that's really funny.[/b]
That's somewhat reactionary, don't you think? I mean, let's face it. Cameras don't give "leeway", so to speak. It takes 5 over to trigger the camera, maybe ten, and if you tell me that you have always driven exactly on the speed limit like an angel.........

What's more, I'm not aware of too many 8 year olds allowed to play smack on the curb of a major thoroughfare.....you know, since ALL the neighborhoods started installing the things to ensure that you did 20, and no more.

But this is a deliberate and dangerous misuse of identity and a pubic safety (regardless of the debate) device.[/b]
Once again, you're blowing this out of proportion. I'm starting to think you were either a hall monitor in high school, or the kid that got constant swirlies. Maybe both. Either way, it's plain that you have no sense of humor.

True, you have a right to privacy, but your traveling on a PUBLIC road to which you actually have no "right".[/b]
Bullshit. I own the road. Paid for it fair and square. Care to see my receipt? It's bolted to the rear bumper.

These kids are the one's who are "theiving" the identity of persons...in fact, to represent yourself as anyone else in the commision of a crime is criminal impersonation and is completely punishable by law.[/b]
No. No. There is no identity theft here. What you really have here, is falsification of motor vehicle registration, still against the law, but not identity theft. Stop that!

I would challenge anyone's integrity who thinks that they are not breaking the law because just because a cop in a car didn't actually see them.[/b]
Hahahahaha. Allow me to help you with a small bit of Civics. Whether or not the crime was committed, the fact that there constitutionally is no witness, only physical evidence that was gathered illegally, makes the charge null and void. Go ahead, challenge my integrity. I got plenty. I'm edumacated, too, so watch out. Oh, and one more thing on this topic.......since it's not cops who fill these tickets out, it's all contracted through a private company.....guess what? That makes it hearsay, because they have no sworn duty to report accurately.

There are ways to challenge the system without putting inoccent lives at risk.[/b]
Interesting thought. I suppose you think the same of our country's founding fathers who fought the Civil War, the Boston Tea Party, and the battle at the Alamo.....that there's ways to challenge the system without putting innocent lives at risk.

Nice rappin' with ya!

Zorin

·
Registered
274 Posts
Whew! I'm gonna enjoy this one! Here we go!

Red, I was smack dab in the middle of burning you down when I had to step out, but this will make it that much more fun.

Yeah...I can just see it now..."8 year old boy killed by speeding driver in "prank"....yeah...that's really funny.[/b]
That's somewhat reactionary, don't you think? I mean, let's face it. Cameras don't give "leeway", so to speak. It takes 5 over to trigger the camera, maybe ten, and if you tell me that you have always driven exactly on the speed limit like an angel.........

What's more, I'm not aware of too many 8 year olds allowed to play smack on the curb of a major thoroughfare.....you know, since ALL the neighborhoods started installing the things to ensure that you did 20, and no more.

But this is a deliberate and dangerous misuse of identity and a pubic safety (regardless of the debate) device.[/b]
Once again, you're blowing this out of proportion. I'm starting to think you were either a hall monitor in high school, or the kid that got constant swirlies. Maybe both. Either way, it's plain that you have no sense of humor.

True, you have a right to privacy, but your traveling on a PUBLIC road to which you actually have no "right".[/b]
Bullshit. I own the road. Paid for it fair and square. Care to see my receipt? It's bolted to the rear bumper.

These kids are the one's who are "theiving" the identity of persons...in fact, to represent yourself as anyone else in the commision of a crime is criminal impersonation and is completely punishable by law.[/b]
No. No. There is no identity theft here. What you really have here, is falsification of motor vehicle registration, still against the law, but not identity theft. Stop that!

I would challenge anyone's integrity who thinks that they are not breaking the law because just because a cop in a car didn't actually see them.[/b]
Hahahahaha. Allow me to help you with a small bit of Civics. Whether or not the crime was committed, the fact that there constitutionally is no witness, only physical evidence that was gathered illegally, makes the charge null and void. Go ahead, challenge my integrity. I got plenty. I'm edumacated, too, so watch out. Oh, and one more thing on this topic.......since it's not cops who fill these tickets out, it's all contracted through a private company.....guess what? That makes it hearsay, because they have no sworn duty to report accurately.

There are ways to challenge the system without putting inoccent lives at risk.[/b]
Interesting thought. I suppose you think the same of our country's founding fathers who fought the Civil War, the Boston Tea Party, and the battle at the Alamo.....that there's ways to challenge the system without putting innocent lives at risk.

Nice rappin' with ya!

Zorin

[/b]
Ok...allow me to present my retort....
Is it reactionary, sure...never said it wasn't. Cops don't "have" to give "leeway"...that's called discretion. The fact that you stated you have to be over by a minimum amount would give the camera system "leeway" as well. I absolutely do try my best to hit the speed limit on the nose, I slow down when weather dictates it...since my personal car does not have a certified calibrated speedo..I assume that there is a small amount of +/- variance in the accuracy of it...nothing I can do about that. Fortunately, I don't know any 8 years old kids that play in "major thoroughfares" either..but that doesn't mean they don't. I was never a hall monitor, and no...sorry I never got "swirlies", I raced bikes in high school and had a very good school experience. Yes, I do have a sense of humor...this does not fall into it, but thanks for using one example as a gauge for my entire personality. Of course, you may think it's out of proportion, and that's fine. And you should really read your states traffic statutes...your license can be revoked at any time. You actually don't have any "right" to drive..I've read the bill of rights...it's not in there. That's why the court can charge you with things like "habitual traffic offenses", etc... You only pay for the privilege of using the road...I promise you, that plate means nothing, it can be denied to you legally, which means you don't have a right to it. In fact, just one example, in Colorado, they pull your "right" to drive if you fail to pay court ordered child support...hmm... I don't know about there...but fictious plates are a misdemeanor here...and then you throw in intentionally commiting on offense and it can add up to a felony depending on the intent. Your civic lesson just doesn't add up. If it was hearsay...it would not be admissible in court...the summons is. It is not gathered illegally..you may have the opinion that it is, but since it is written into municipal law, it is legal. Now if you want to talk about blowing something out of porportion, I have been in law enforcement for seven years, six years serving my country in the U.S. Army and yeah, I'm college educated too...To compare something like abusing traffic cameras with the fight to free ourselves from a completely oppressive form of government and create something as beautiful as the good 'ole U.S of A is unbelievable. Having laws in democratic society is the basis for your freedom. The enforcement of laws helps to keep YOU safer... and you can thank our founding fathers for a system where law breakers are punished. And besides, the world was a completely different place then...the comparison is just ludicrous. If you want to "rap" with someone, print this out and take it down to anyone in your county DA's office. If traffic cameras do end up to be deemed somehow illegal then so be it. The whole point is that people are in fact increasing the chance that they will cause an accident where someone would be hurt or killed, and that's just not funny. And apparentely, they are doing it to "prank" other people who they feel have "wronged" them. Whatever happened to just putting a bucket of water on a door???? So anyway...you know, I really do enjoy a good debate, I really do, but I'm not trying to "burn" anyone, I don't know why you would. Maybe attempting to berate someone is your brand of humor.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts