Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, wondering if any one has had this situation. temp gauge reads constant temp and never moves, car cold it reads cold car gets to opperating temp and gauge goes up and never moves other than down. question is that other day fan came on (man climate control was in vent) ran for little bit and cut off, as it should once coolant temp came down. gauge never moved (inaccurate or not it never moved). looked into temp sending unit and haynes manual says at normal opperating temp resistance from gauge wire to ground should be eighteen to twenty ohms. i had about seventy-seven. manual also said at cold resistance should be about two hundred and fifty, two seventy five, one of the two. i had tree thousand something, change it out and new one is close enough to the same readings. put a twenty two ohm resistor in the plug and grounded it and gauge pegged overheat. question is, is the haynes manual wrong with the normal opperating temp resistance reading? or is this a part that is motorcraft specific, meaning that i should not use aftermarket part?
thanx for any reply

1 - 1 of 1 Posts