Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok there was the centennial edition taurus in 03, what other special editions have there been, and what years? wasn't there some special edition sable a year or so ago too?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by mk7@Feb 10 2004, 03:07 AM
ok there was the centennial edition taurus in 03, what other special editions have there been, and what years? wasn't there some special edition sable a year or so ago too?
Ya know, i seen an older Gen3 Special Edition Taurus... :-/ dont know what it was for though

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
There was a Taurus Limited in 1998. It had special two-tone leather, pretty much fully loaded. Duratec powered.

There was a Platinum Edition Sable for 2003. It made the grill chrome (like on the 2004's) had special rims, and "brushed aluminum" interior accents. (around shifter knob, window switches, stereo, and gauge surround.) "Platinum Edition" silver emblem on fenders. Duratec powered.

There was a 2002/2003 Taurus SES Sport Edition. This had special "two-tone" cloth seats (gray and black) special rims, "Sport 24 Valve DOHC" embroidered floor mats, rear spoiler, moon roof, and had silver around the stereo and shifter knob. It also had a special little emblem on the side fenders that was gold and said "SPORT 24 VALVE DOHC." Duratec powered.

As you said, the Centennial Edition. Had special "Satin Cream" gaugues, with a special "cream" gaugue surround. Had exclusive interior wood patern not available on ANY OTHER Taurus or Sable. Had the chrome accented doors, 1999 SHO/SE Sport rims with black hints, "Ford Motor Company" embossed leather seats, exclusive leather two-tone seating surfaces, "Centennial Edition..." exterior badging, blacked out head lights and black strip around tail lights. Duratec powered.

Then there were the "Police Package" gen 1 and 2's. These had a special grill. (Slotted on gen 1 and a slot below the Ford emblem on the gen 2's.) 140MPH speedometer (certified caliberation) and a more powerful 3.8L V6 with reinforced motor mounts and a beefier suspension. I think they also had 4-wheel discs. Thats about it I think.

Anyone else think of any more???

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
ummm S H O ring a bell?????

X

·
0 Posts
1995, the last year of the second-generation Taurus/Sable, saw the debut of the Taurus SE. This was essentially a sporty Taurus Sedan that featured alloy wheels, bucket seats and a console. More standard equipment, in the form of air conditioning and a rear window defroster, was added to lower-line models to make the Taurus even more competitive in the tough family car market segment. Evidently, Ford knew what they were doing, as the Taurus took the title of "Best-Selling Car in America" every year (albeit including fleet sales) from 1992 through 1995.

In the Mercury stable, the new Sable LTS joined the family. This was a sporty Sable similar to the Taurus SE but more upscale with a leather interior and power adjustment for the driver's bucket seat.

source

Also, dont forget those 359 tauruses with the special variable valve timing.

X

·
0 Posts
oh yeah, 1996 Taurus G was a limited edition model as well. It came loaded with nothing

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Feb 10 2004, 11:08 PM
There was a Taurus Limited in 1998. It had special two-tone leather, pretty much fully loaded. Duratec powered.

There was a Platinum Edition Sable for 2003. It made the grill chrome (like on the 2004's) had special rims, and "brushed aluminum" interior accents. (around shifter knob, window switches, stereo, and gauge surround.) "Platinum Edition" silver emblem on fenders. Duratec powered.

There was a 2002/2003 Taurus SES Sport Edition. This had special "two-tone" cloth seats (gray and black) special rims, "Sport 24 Valve DOHC" embroidered floor mats, rear spoiler, moon roof, and had silver around the stereo and shifter knob. It also had a special little emblem on the side fenders that was gold and said "SPORT 24 VALVE DOHC." Duratec powered.

As you said, the Centennial Edition. Had special "Satin Cream" gaugues, with a special "cream" gaugue surround. Had exclusive interior wood patern not available on ANY OTHER Taurus or Sable. Had the chrome accented doors, 1999 SHO/SE Sport rims with black hints, "Ford Motor Company" embossed leather seats, exclusive leather two-tone seating surfaces, "Centennial Edition..." exterior badging, blacked out head lights and black strip around tail lights. Duratec powered.

Then there were the "Police Package" gen 1 and 2's. These had a special grill. (Slotted on gen 1 and a slot below the Ford emblem on the gen 2's.) 140MPH speedometer (certified caliberation) and a more powerful 3.8L V6 with reinforced motor mounts and a beefier suspension. I think they also had 4-wheel discs. Thats about it I think.

Anyone else think of any more???

-Kyle
omg i feel special that i have a special taurus haha

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by Tman@Feb 10 2004, 11:18 PM
ummm S H O ring a bell?????
The SHO is special, but not really a "special edition." It was not limited like the ones listed above. The most "limited" of all SHO production models (besides the Plus) was probably the gen 3 SHO. There are more GREEN gen 2 SHO's than every single gen 3 SHO produced combined.

I would definitly call the 95 SE and Sable LTZ limited. I have only seen a handful of SE's and only 1 LTZ in my life.

The Taurus G sucks. I've seen a couple of these. The molding on the doors is BLACK and some of them didn't even have an AM/FM radio.

·
Registered
318 Posts
How about the Taurus MT-5? Four cylinder with a 5 speed stick shift.

In 1987 there was the Sable LS Monochrome edition. All one color. Usually white. In those days, the bumpers were usually a different color from the rest of the body. The Monochrome Edition had body colored spoked aluminum wheels, too.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Feb 11 2004, 12:20 AM
1995, the last year of the second-generation Taurus/Sable, saw the debut of the Taurus SE. This was essentially a sporty Taurus Sedan that featured alloy wheels, bucket seats and a console....
Do you know if the SE ever came with seats in mocha leather, similar those found in the Gen II SHO?

The reason I ask is, I recently saw a pretty decent looking Gen II SE with the alloy wheels, and when I walked by I looked inside I noticed that the the interior was very similar to my SHO interior. This SE also had a rear spoiler, just like the SHO version.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Originally posted by rockledge+Feb 11 2004, 07:47 AM-->QUOTE (rockledge @ Feb 11 2004, 07:47 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-XLSuruaT
@Feb 11 2004, 12:20 AM
1995, the last year of the second-generation Taurus/Sable, saw the debut of the Taurus SE. This was essentially a sporty Taurus Sedan that featured alloy wheels, bucket seats and a console....
Do you know if the SE ever came with seats in mocha leather, similar those found in the Gen II SHO?

The reason I ask is, I recently saw a pretty decent looking Gen II SE with the alloy wheels, and when I walked by I looked inside I noticed that the the interior was very similar to my SHO interior. This SE also had a rear spoiler, just like the SHO version.

[/b]
I've seen a silver 1995 SE with the mocha interior. The interior resembles a SHO, as I believe the front seats are identical. The SE also featured the spoiler and basically had the features of the SHO without the bumpers, engine, or slicers.

X

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by UnDeR EsTiMaTeD@Feb 11 2004, 09:45 AM
I've seen a silver 1995 SE with the mocha interior. The interior resembles a SHO, as I believe the front seats are identical. The SE also featured the spoiler and basically had the features of the SHO without the bumpers, engine, or slicers.
Oh man, those front seats in teh SE beat the crap out of any other front seats in any new car for $16k.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
well, i guess nick had the 98 special edition, or part of it. had spoiler, 2 tone tan leathers, duratec, 15" alloys, oh, the seats had "limited" stitched into the headrest.

r u guys sayin my silver 95 SE is a special edition? there is a kid in the parking lot that has one like mine
well, kinda, i have cool rims and other stuff.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Feb 11 2004, 12:31 AM
I would definitly call the 95 SE and Sable LTZ limited. I have only seen a handful of SE's and only 1 LTZ in my life.
Don't you mean Sable LTS.

The LTZ is a designation for a so-called "sporty" version of the Chevrolet Lumina.

A sporty Lumina ... that's one funny joke! A SHO would eat that thing alive.

Anyhoo, I did see a burgundy Mercury Sable LTS before when I was on my way to a college class. Very nice automobile. - Reinhart

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Originally posted by Nick986@Feb 11 2004, 09:26 PM
Well I was just browsin round the 98 taurus' on ebay and look what I found:

98 Taurus SE LIMITED
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...6&category=6238

Those are some nice leather seats!
OMG thats just how nick's was, except for the rims, he had the sporty ones, wow, i never thought id see another one like that
oh, btw, we have a set of those seats for sale
pm me

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
kjw86ca, you have done some reaserch.
Only a few correctoins, the embossed seats are two-tone aswell. And don't forget the centenial floor mats.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
When I bought my Sable, I was also looking at a Limited but my Wife said that she didn't like leather seats
It was also a little more then I wanted to pay. It was a very nice equipment package!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts