Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put speakers in their rear doors? Anyways, is there the same amount of space behind the trim panel of the rear doors as the front doors of a Gen 3? Also could a set of tweeters be mounted in the the pieces of plastic, like the tweeters in the front door sails, and be put some place on the rear doors? Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
If the G3 doors are anything like the G2 doors, I say there's plenty of room. The rear window only goes down half way and you can put the speaker in the lower half of the door. The hard part would probably be the wiring.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
I just got my amp working on my front two speakers. And trust me, if your speakers aren't getting loud enough, you need more power. I don't even want rear speakers anymore.

Create a good front soundstage and then subs. That's all you need.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking if there was enough room in the rear doors that I could do something like a surround sound setup. What do you guys think? My front speakers get plenty loud.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You'll get better results using the rear deck speaker locations. Not to mention the hassle of going into the doors.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mean Green, I took out my rear speakers a while ago and the locations for the rear speakers are now blocked. Thats why I was asking about the rear doors.

justmack, do you have one or two sets of the CDT Image Enhancement sets? If so, do you have a set of CDT's in the front? If you have two sets of the tweeters in the rear and a set of CDT components in the front, how did you hook them up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts