Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two years ago, I cut off the factory speaker wire connector tabs that helped identify which was positive and which is negative when I was replacing the speakers. Can you all tell me which speaker wire is positive and which one is negative for the front Gen IV woofers?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hit both sides of the wire with a multimeter. Friend of mine has an 89 Nissian Sentra. Her stereo wires were all brown (not because they were old). There was literally no way to distinguish them from one another. Used my multimeter's continuity test (the one that beeps) and I figure out what wire was what.

Derek

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
So you just soldered the new speakers terminals to the wire?

I dont understand what you are asking........ :unsure:

-DC

·
Registered
887 Posts
You need a multimeter (voltmeter). A cheap-o Radio Shack unit will be just fine...

Attach the positive lead to one wire and the negative lead to the other. If the voltage displayed is Positive, then you have the positive lead on the poitive wire and the negative lead on the negative wire. If the voltage displayed is Negative, then you have the positive lead on the negative wire and the negative lead on the positive wire...

Hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Oct 25 2004, 11:46 PM
You can also look at the chassis electrical diagrams in the chilton's manual (is there one for the Gen IV?)

JR
Sadly...no. I've looked and looked, and there isn't one yet.

I've also been on the look out for a 2004 Ford-Mercury CD Shop Manual to replace my 1998 one I used for my old Taurus...but they haven't found their way to eBay yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts