Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I just installed a Pioneer 4600MP deck on my dad's 94 Taurus, which woke the stock speakers ever since first day lol. Now I'm in the hunt for speakers which the fronts are 6.5's and the rear 6x8s. I'm into Pioneer when it comes to deck and speakers, like in my Ranger EDGE. So far I found good 4-ways:

Front: TS-A1680R 6.5" = 220w Max/50w RMS

Rear: TS-A6880R 6x8" = 240w Max/50w RMS

May I also suggest what 4-channel amp would be a good match for them. Would a 50w x 4 maybe less be descent or would they blow them with the extra 22 watts of deck juice? Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can get factory replacement pioneer 6 by 8's for a taurus, and the 6 by 5's at bestbuy.com. I think the 6 by 9's run about 6o or 70 buck, good deal, i have the 6 by 9 pioneers 3 ways just sitting in my back, and they thump pretty well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the Pioneer TS6870's in my rear deck. I'm not using them now as I have decided to go without rear fill. When I used them though, they were pretty damn good.

I used a US Acoustics 4065 with mine, 65 watts RMS x 4 (bridgeable to 160x2 if needed). It was perfect, always good to go a little over the recommended RMS for some headroom. They really pounded with that power. If you get an amp, you would not be using the deck's power so you wouldn't add on the extra 22 watts, which in reality is probably 15 or so (head unit manufacturers exaggerate like crazy).

US Acoustics makes the best bang for your buck amp on the market, no hype just clean power & useable features. You can get one on Sound Domain brand new for $139.95 plus shipping.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/USAUSC4065

I love US Acoustics, they are all I use.

There is also one on Ebay that I know of....... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I had 6x8 pioneers in my Contour they were good for what I wanted. I'm sure you are not tring to build some monster system so about any 6x8 would sound better then what you have.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
bump...anyone have 6x8's in a wagon(i wanna know if they vibrate alot), cause right now my trunk vibrates alot with god dam stock speakers! ...but im pretty sure something is loose <_<
and do i need to make custom brackets for 6x8's?

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
If i were just going to replace my stock speakers I would get some 6 1/2" round. The sound is beeter from round speakers and it isn't hard to do at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a pair of 6880 in my front doors w/ the factory 6x8's in the rear deck. They're alot clearer than the stocks, but they're lacking in the lower midrange/midbass IMO. I'm gonna deaden my doors soon, it may help...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts