Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Taurus SE. I want to upgrade the speakers from the factory ones.

My dad has a set of 5x7 Blaupunkt PCX752 speakers (they are like 10 years old) that he thought I should use in the front, so then I would only have to buy one set for the rear. Is this a good idea?

I'm thinking of these for the other set. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSG6842/Pi...?o=p&tp=105 .

Also, should i get a wiring harness for the older speakers (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_12071048/Spea...o=p&tp=1025).

Thanks in advance for all your input!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Do you have a MACH RCU? You'll really reap the benefits of the aftermarket speakers with it. With the stock RCU, it ain't so great sounding.

Pioneer makes some decent, inexpensive 2-way speakers that sound pretty decent. They do loose some bass over the stock speakers, but you gain a lot of clarity and treble. Qwerty also installed some Infiniti speakers recently that are supposed to be pretty good as well, which have a bit more bass to them over what the Pioneers have.

Even though the Taurus uses 6x8 speakers, you could hook up the 5x7s and see how they sound. Keep in mind that they are 10 years old though...

Scosche sells a quick connect harness on eBay. Crutchfield does do an excellent job with providing everything you will need (reference material, quick connects, A+ customer service/warranty, etc), but you are paying a bit more for it...

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Best Buy sells those quick connect harnesses too.

IMO, the mach amp, tweeters and upgraded speakers give you the best bang for the buck.

My pioneer 2 way speakers (since I have the tweeters) sound really great! :)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I've been running Kenwoods all around with the Mach amp in my '00 and now in the '98. People ask if I have a an 8" or 10" in the trunk, when the ported 12" is sitting back there turned off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts