Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Spartanburg, SC Meetup April 9

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  bull geek 
#1 ·
Wanna clog your arteries with some of Spartanburg's finest fast food cuisine? Meet up at the Beacon Drive In Restaurant:
The Beacon Drive In Restaurant Spartanburg SC

Meet is set for April 9 around noonish time. Currently have 1 member from TSOC and myself set and ready to go, if you want to join us, meet us in the parking lot of the Beacon:

Google Maps

For those interested afterwards, maybe we'll take a ride down to LKQ Self Serve in Greenville, $2 admission to the place. We'll just play it by ear :) See y'all there!

#4 ·
Yea I saw the post. 350+ miles 1 way :\ No can do.

#5 ·
Can't make this one. If there's ever one relatively close to Charleston, I might be able to pull it off since I have family there.

#6 ·
Had a great time yesterday! Good getting to meet Barkentine in person yesterday and getting to see Jay again. LKQ was well stocked with Tauruses. Their pricing structure needs adjustment... Beacon was definitely an "experience". Here's a picture of us in the parking lot...the parking order was not planned, just worked out that way. Jay pointed it out when were walking out from the Beacon.

Attachments

#7 ·
Yes, that was a good, interesting meeting that included a not too long tour in the Upcountry of S.C. and the famous Beacon food, which is way faster than fast food, as long as the line isn't too long.

Having never been to LKQ, it was a learning experience. One must 'thing-to-do' is studying their price schedule, which is not available on their websit, or in handouts at the business. It's not even available at the checkout except to the dude behind the counter.

I will approach that place with caution in the future. It is a lesson in modern marketing. Not your regular junkyard...

But overall, a good meet-up.

#8 ·
SE TCCA visit to the junkyard:

One thing I found strange was the way they checked our tool kits/boxes going into the yard and did not check them (at least not mine) on the way out. It would seem they have the procedure backwards.

Or maybe not. Not much in corporate life is done by accident. Most everything is done by design.

I have a theory.

1. Corporations are legal fictions generated by the gov't.
2. Corporations are actually an extension of the gov't and gov't policy.
3. Nonsensical inspections and screening are part of an overall program to mentally condition everyone into thinking this type of activity (screening, checking ) is normal. (TSA has actually screened people after they got off the plane, at their destination! That makes no sense whatsoever)

You say, maybe they were checking for weapons? They had no "NO WEAPONS" signs posted. So, I find this puzzling.

#9 ·
I know they told me in the past they want to check your tool box coming in for parts, so they can mark the part as do not charge, then they won't charge you when you come back to check out. But like you said, they never checked mine...I coulda loaded mine up with 100 lugnuts and they would not have known any different. Dumb system if they can't enforce it. Bozos.

#10 ·
Oh and some captures from our adventures at the yard:

"Southern Style!" :rofl: Oh how I love the south...

For those who want a column shifter like turn signal in their tempo (What the heck???)

"Honey, I'm going to go vacuum the outside of the car, back in 30." Who the heck puts astroturf all over their car?????? :lol:

#12 · (Edited)
BullGeek: Checking for parts coming in is a possibility, but they could have asked. No one asked me.

BTW, the dude at the checkout used a paint marker, in pink, and scribbled stuff on the outside surface of otherwise nice looking wiper arms I bought.

No way am I going to use those arms with pink paint. So I sanded the pink off (now I can't return them if there's a problem, their ID marks are gone) and repainted. (I don't expect problems. The wiper arms from LKQ are in very good condition, better than what I had, and now painted and installed)

Jay: Did you see a "No Swearing , No Weapons.." sign at LKQ? I looked around and didn't see one, but I could have missed it. There is a legal state required sign that must be posted on the entrance door in S.C. for weapons, for that to be in force. (There are no regulations that I know of concerning placement of "No Swearing" signs.)

Attachments

#13 ·
They had a faded sign right next to the counter...I remember reading it while waiting for slow pokes in front of us to get their act together.

See, and that's the kind of crap that bugs me. If Capt Kirk at the register had given 2 seconds thought, he would have written on the UNDERSIDE of the wiper arms. Morons. Next time just yell at him for being stupid. Especially for trying to charge you, what $5 each for used, deteriorated wiper blades?

#18 ·
Bull Geek's Silver Bullet: "TS 2000 Ford Taurus SEL | DOHC/AX4N | 159K--XCal tuned by SHOZ123--"

Your car DOES NOT look like it has 159K on it! I had it mentally estimated at >70K. Then I saw you list it in your signature.

Very nice shape.

#19 ·
Haha, it just crossed over 161K this morning going to work. Thank you though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.