Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some spark plugs for my wife's 2002 Windstar. I couldn't put the back three in. Took them to a place to install and they wouldn't use mine (big disapointment here), had to buy from them! Now I'm stuck with these spark plugs. My question is, would these work in my 1996 Taurus? Let me pose this also... The OEM plugs for the Taurus is AGSF32FM and these plugs for the Windstar is AGSF42FM, just the difference of the 32 and 42. Could they be interchangeable???
Thanks Joe :blink: :blink:

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I would say not, just because your windstars engine and the taurus's are 2 different engines. for the price of spark plugs i would just play it safe and buy another set. you don't want to run into the mistake of the spark plug sitting to far into the cylinder. seriously just put those aside and save them for future use on the windstar.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I posted already on your other thread, but I will also post here.
Yes, they will physicall fit, but they are too hot of a plug. As Bob said, the number references the heat range of the plug. the 42's are hotter plugs than the 32's. The Vulcan Taurii already have high combustion chamber temperatures, and it's not a good idea to make it hotter.

However, you CAN use AGSF22FM plugs without problem. The colder heat range will help reduce detonation.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts