Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a n00b to the forums, but sold parts for about 6 years. I keep reading posts about plugs and which ones to use. I just wanted to let everyone know that Autolite makes Motorcraft plugs and ergo, they are one in the same. They are stamped differently but created identically in every other way. I hope this saves you some $$$ at the parts store where the kid behind the counter tries to sell you the Bosch +4's since it's the highest price he can find. Research: http://www.autolite.com/products/index.html.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Most of the people here have tried to shy away from using Bosch plugs beacuse of high failure rates. I think most people are using Autolite/Motorcraft plugs in their Tauri.

JR

PS- Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I just didn't want members wasting time and/or $$$ on Motorcraft if identical Autolite plug as available, or vice versa. I know AutoZone sells both and Motorcraft are a few cents higher I believe.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
if you use bosh paltinum regular not +2 +4 there is no problem with them

but im still concerned and ill will check up something since a couple of day ago i started having some weig noise coming from my engine

so ill check those and if they are weird ill come here and say so

:crybabysmiley:

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Jul 9 2004, 08:32 PM
I use NGK TR6. They are copper and one heat range colder than stock. But I have used Bosch DP's as well as motorcraft copper plugs, and they have all been good.
I used to always run cooler plugs on hotrods but I have wondered about what the computer would think of a cooler range plug. I may try that on my next change.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
my coil add lime and rust on the contact lollllllll now running better but will check plug in the morning lolllllllllllll gnight

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by mwt+Jul 10 2004, 04:26 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mwt @ Jul 10 2004, 04:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silvapain@Jul 9 2004, 08:32 PM
I use NGK TR6.  They are copper and one heat range colder than stock.  But I have used Bosch DP's as well as motorcraft copper plugs, and they have all been good.
I used to always run cooler plugs on hotrods but I have wondered about what the computer would think of a cooler range plug. I may try that on my next change.

Mike
B) [/b][/quote]
Alberto suggested I use them when I had my EEC reflashed. For the Vulcans I'm sure it will help prevent detonation alot. I also put in a 180F thermostat to prevent detonation.

The plug fires just like normal, so the EEC won't know the difference. The colder plugs just have a longer heat sink around the electrode. Copper plugs don't last as long as DP's, but they conduct electricity much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts