Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Autolite platinums in my 87 vulcan and i was wondering if this is a good plug too work in my older car it has 115,000 they are pretty new but i got a misfire and it is running rich and i replaced all my sensor except the o2 sensor other then this it runs perfect just got a popping noise when getting off the freeway at a stop

·
Registered
379 Posts
Autolite Platinums are fine for your Vulcan, as long as they are the right Part # and they are gapped correctly. I doubt the plugs are the cause of your problem(s).

Check your fuel system (too much pressure, regulator leak, bad fuel injectors, etc) and check for blocked or pinched vaucum lines if you think your motor is running rich. And you can check for stored trouble codes by following the directions in this article: - Alternative Code Retrieval for Ford EEC-IV Systems (PDF) -

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea tried all that fuel pressure at 35-40 and i just had the fuel injectors cleaned. ( ihad the injectors removed to be cleaned and new o rings.) i rebuilt the distribitor and replaced all sensors except my o2 sensor and the coil itself im ready to do the coil sometime this week anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by gtx2000@Jan 16 2004, 10:50 PM
yea tried all that fuel pressure at 35-40 and i just had the fuel injectors cleaned. ( ihad the injectors removed to be cleaned and new o rings.) i rebuilt the distribitor and replaced all sensors except my o2 sensor and the coil itself im ready to do the coil sometime this week anyone else have any ideas?
Correct me if I am wrong, arent you supposed to replace the distribitor as a whole unit. How exactly did you re-build it?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got a for distributor gear press at work took the gear off and then replaced the PIP module got a new gear and vane presses on the gear installed the new vane and tfi module and presto your done easy but it still didn't fix my problem though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts