Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just replaced my plug wires and I have a question. Their are 7 wires comming out of the distributor but the kit has 8. why does it have eight. 6 run to the spark plud and a short one goes elsewere. for the on that goes elsewher there is another longer one with the same ends on it. What is the long one fore?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I assume you have a 3.8L???

If so that longer wire is for Thunderbird/Cougars with the 3.8L.. They mount the coil on the frame rail and require a longer lead wire to the distributor..

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Since the topic of plug wires was brought up...

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as a good brand to replace the stock wires with. Nothing "top of the line" expensive but not cheap either since you get what you pay for.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. These will more then likely be used with Autolite Double Platinum plugs and the stock coil (for the time being).

·
Registered
42 Posts
$64 will get you a REALLY nice set from Magnecor. We run them in our HEV, and they are real high quality. No problems with them whatsoever. It might not be a bad investment if the stock ones cost a few bucks less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts