Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
around september i installed a motor from a junk yard into 99 Taurus 3.0 velcon and when i installed it i kept noticing antifreeze kept disappearing (empty) so i kept putting antifreeze in.
two days ago my car broke down on the side of the interstate i got it towed back to the shop now the number two cyl plug has no center just the threads
how long does that take..... plug was new when i installed them

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
around september i installed a motor from a junk yard into 99 Taurus 3.0 velcon and when i installed it i kept noticing antifreeze kept disappearing (empty) so i kept putting antifreeze in.
two days ago my car broke down on the side of the interstate i got it towed back to the shop now the number two cyl plug has no center just the threads
how long does that take..... plug was new when i installed them

i am thinking it had this problem when i installed the motor

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope it got back to the shop and started right up like nothing was wrong we pulled a compression test and in one cyl there was only 30psi we pulled the head and the head is cracked between the two valves ( that had the bad plug ) i did notice ever sense i put the motor in it did have a spark knock was thinking timing was off

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
nope it got back to the shop and started right up like nothing was wrong we pulled a compression test and in one cyl there was only 30psi we pulled the head and the head is cracked between the two valves ( that had the bad plug ) i did notice ever sense i put the motor in it did have a spark knock was thinking timing was off
I figured. I think it's possible that a spark plug could blow from hydro locking, does anyone have a better of why that happened?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would have hydro locked but i am glade it was not fetal know i am looking for a head found one for $120.00

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
would have hydro locked but i am glade it was not fetal know i am looking for a head found one for $120.00
You can buy new, thicker casted ones. I haven't had any experience with them though. There's more than one place that has them, but the main one I know of is alabama cylinder head. You can get remans on ebay for cheap too.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am going to get one from are local junk yard need one like yesterday lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, do yourself a favour and take to to a machine shop and at least have it checked for cracks and straightness, or better yet have it completely rebuilt.
the head i got the valve did not sit right in the head

1 - 13 of 13 Posts