Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my big question is im due for a spark plug change up im at 40 000km on my plug and im wondering if i should get platinum +2 or +4 now i have platinum + and im wondering is it gonna change something ? or not or just put some platinum +

im kind of lost here

can anybody point me here what would be the difference ?

G

·
There is a thread about this in the Solutions to Common Problems forum. To make a long story short, the best plugs for Taurii are generally Motorcraft OEM or Autolite Platinums. :)

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hummm here a plug from autolite i cannot get it and from motorcraft it like 9 $ each and a set of bosh platinum + is 7$ and +2 is 14$ and +4 is 19$

my real question would be

what would be the difference between all the 3 model of plug

:beat-chevy: lolllllllll

what would it give me more power longer life ....... cuz the thing youre telling me about it only if the plug where reliable or not

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
why would you want to use a plug that is designed for import type vehicles in an american type vehicle???? did you look in the thread mentioned above????? auto manufacturers go through years of study finding what works best with what, so if it calls for motorcraft use motorcraft. thats like asking what type of oil to use in a car...use the underhood sticker for plug information it'll tell you which plugs to use.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
There are some who have excellent results with Bosch platinums. There are some who have horrible results with Bosch platinums. There are NONE who have bad results with Autolites or Motorcrafts.

The Autolite part number for double platinum plugs for the Taurus (any engine) is APP764. They shouldn't cost more than $5 each. I found them for about $3 last year.

The Motorcraft part number for double platinum plugs for the Taurus varies by application, but they should all be interchangeable. Some common part numbers are AGSF32FMF4, AGSF32PMF6, AGSF32FMF6, and AGSP32FMF6. The most expensive of those part numbers is about $3.50.

If your local store doesn't carry any of these plugs, the store is missing out on one of the most common spark plug applications out there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I ordered Motorcraft plugs (AGSF 32WN) for my "00 Duretec from Rockauto.com on Friday afternoon. They cost $2.65 each plus a small shipping charge. I also ordered a Motorcraft PCV there.

Should be here this afternoon or tomorrow. This place is a reasonable alternative to high dealer prices on OEM stuff.

Also, I agree that you never use non-OEM spark plugs unless you've got a reason. Other parts? Sure. Spark plugs. No way.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guy i dont want to start back the tread for common problem

ive had those plug since i got my first bull like 6 year ago on my 89 taurus i got the car at 186 000 km and it ended at 524 567km so for me bosh are really not bad and since i cannot get autolite here in canada (montreal) and i dont have a credit card and since a plug from ford is about 9 $ each and a set of 2 plug from bosh here is 9 $ do the math lollllllllll

me im just wondering about the difference of having 1 electrode 2 or 4

oh and bosh is more for domestic car ngk for import and ngk is making about 90 of all the sparck plug of any compagny lollllllllll have fun

·
Registered
221 Posts
the reason for the multiple electrodes is so that the spark always travels down the path of least resistance. you arent going to get 2 or 4 sparks but you will get a more consistant spark every time the plug fires.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Originally posted by thebigtufguy@Aug 24 2004, 12:08 PM
the reason for the multiple electrodes is so that the spark always travels down the path of least resistance. you arent going to get 2 or 4 sparks but you will get a more consistant spark every time the plug fires.
The problem with multiple electrodes is getting them all the same gap. If one is closer than the others then that is the one that is going to carry the current.

They are a gimmick and you would be better off using the single electrode Bosch plug. IMHO

Your not going to see any more power from any plug on a non-nitrous, non-turbo or non-S/C car.

Longer life? 50k is long enough for any plug. By then the intake needs cleaned anyway.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Autolite or Motorcraft, don't chance the Bosch.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
since im gonna have the bosh +4 for free instead of 19.99 a pack lollllll ill try them out if not ill get back my old bosh platinum + lollllllll but ill kept you posted i do that this afternoon :p

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow it the only thing i can say about the plug

wow the car is really pulling like a nut

the only prb it iddling roughfly so im gonna check them one by one i gess one muss have some dirt on it cuz it really going good

even the ford tech here in montreal told me any plug will work fine if after you changed a plug and your car is running bad then you must have a bad connection on a wire or when you put in the plug you must have hit the plug or get some crap on the plug

and when you thing about it he maybe right :p

tomorrow ill go to the store and ill buy and other pack and ill change each and every plug one at a time and test this **** out maybe one at a time or maybe one is **** up lolllllll that would be my luck or maybe one was **** up by a hit on the electrode or on there is dirt or **** cloged in there lolllllllllllllllll so ill kept you posted

and sorry for my text formation

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I don't care what kind of plug you are using. The only way any plug will show an improvement is if something was wrong with the ones your taking out.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by mooby@Aug 26 2004, 12:48 AM
and sorry for my text formation
Hey, at least you apologized. :)

BTW, what SHOZ123 said is the truth. It's funny how the people with the fastest cars all agree that spark plugs are not a performance mod.

And for someone with a rough idle, you seem to be convinced that those Bosch plugs are the shiznit. You like marketing gimmicks, don't you?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and i found out why those plug are really torque sensitive on the pack it written 15 lbs of torque do not over torque or under torque and your gonna be fine i just change one plug and now tha car is running like a kitten and this is why the core is really sensitive if your overtorque it it break a bit inside and if you undertorque it the spark plug do not clean itself

wow the guy from bosch was good lollllllllllllllll

so most of you who had problem in his car with those is because you did not install properly

and for the rest of the plug they all do the same no question asked even the guy from ford canada told me if the car is running fine before it will run fine after

thanks for the info

and when my typing is bad it because im tired sorry i have mono since about 1 1/2 years now it a pain in the butt :blink:

http://home.datacomm.ch/marco.fernando/fla...to/olympics.swf

this is funny go check this out lollllllll good humour

1 - 15 of 15 Posts