Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know ive posted alot of questions on here tonite, but i have finally got my firewall sorted out so that i can post on the board without problems.

My question is :

Does anyone know an easier way to replace the spark plugs on a 94 3.8l taurus?

The front ones dont seem like that much of a pain to get to, but it looks like a witch to get at the ones on the back side.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Noone has ever changed the spark plugs on a 3.8l taurus before?
Any input would be greatly appreciated since i already have the plugs just need some help on how to get the rear ones in

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL

Yah, you see that would work great, BUT.. I havent got them out yet, thats the problem.

But when i do get them out ill keep that little tid bit in mind for when i put the new ones in.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The #3 plug isn't that hard (compared to teh other two in the back), the #2 plug requires you to remove the intake tube, and the #1 plug is just a plain PITA. Get someone with small hands to get the #1 plug.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree with Qwertz to get someone with small hands to do the #1, it is the hardest so I'd start there first. Btw, I didn't need to remove the intake tube to get the #2 plug. My advice on tools is to use small extension and have a boxed end wrench handy for leverage on the wrachet. Changing the plugs reallys isn't as hard as it looks IMO. Good luck :)

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
To be honest, I always had an easier time getting the rear three out than the front three. :blink:

I always ended up removing the cooling fan to get at the front three. :unsure:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot everyone! Ill let ya know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts