Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Folks, I just KNOW someone has come up with an easy solution for removal of the rear bank. Appreciate all who respond.. Thanx!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not sure how much more stuff is in the back between the late and early gen 4s but mine was pretty simple. you just have to though it out. You'll probably get some minor arm pinching but with some sweat you'll get them out. Just reach back there with the socket and extension, make sure you got it on the spark plug and then attach your ratch and break it lose.

EDIT: Took me a whopping 30 minutes to do all 6.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Pop off the passenger side cowling (upper and lower). You'll get some more room to get your hands back there. Attack cylinder 1-3 from the sides of the car...it's a fun job :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
834 Posts
A good test to see if you'll be able to do the job (cuz some people have bigger hands and arms) is to reach for the back plugs from the sides of the car..and if you CAN pull off the plug wire from the plug...then doing the other stuff should be easy...I did it like Shark8513 did his...I pulled the wire off...put the spark plug socket on the plug...put the extension on the socket...then attached the wrench to the extension....I found it hard to get the wrench, extension, and socket on the plug in one piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts