Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there im just looking for a little help on getting to the rear bank spark plugs on my 02 3.0 OHV engine. The front 3 are easy as cake but the back three suck. Is it similar to the 99 3.0 DOHC where you have to take off the wiper cowl? also if someone could give me the firing order i'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the same problem. I have replaced the front 3, but the back is a pain. So far I havent even gotten the plug wires off.

·
Registered
352 Posts
All you have to do is remove the air intake and move it slightly forward and you can get at the rear bank. It is a tight fit but there is enough room. I have fairly large hands but I did it,no problem. You will need to remove the peice of smog equipment atached to the intake to get it to move. Let me know if you cant get it and Ill try to splain it better if need be.

The firing order is on the spark dispersing box.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I removed the whole air intake and got my hands back there, but I can't pull the wires off. If only I could get the wires pulled then I could get the spark plugs out no problem. I tried raising the car and crawling under to reach for the plugs. I could only see one from under the car, I still couldnt pull the wires off. My hands are all scrated up now and Im alittle pissed, so I just left the back ones alone. I also couldnt find a hose to disconnect so I could flush the radiator.

Btw, all the old front spark plugs had a gap of .06. Thats alittle bigger then .042

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just did mine 3 months ago. I half way crawled up on my motor and stuck one arm behind and removed each coil pack, I have a pc on each plug ;) , then removed the plug by sliding the tools through. also, I had a old spark plug wire to fish down the hole for thespark plug.

Nate Dogg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts