Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left school the other day and my car wouldnt start.
The fuel pump seemed like it wasnt working so we replaced it and put in a new fuel filter.
Got ready to put the fuel tank back in and the brake lines were rusted to hell so we had to put in new brake lines.

Still the car will not start!
Its getting spark, but the injectors are showing no pulse? ANY IDEAS

i need to get my car back on the road ASAP, HELP!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that was out, wouldnt i not get any spark either?
Replaced the CCRM, still doesnt start.

I heard that something called the DPFE sensor can cause problems?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Ive heard of the DPFE frying out the computers. Sounds weird but I have talked to a few Ford techs.
Sounds very much like a crank sensor problem.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive heard of the DPFE frying out the computers. Sounds weird but I have talked to a few Ford techs.
Sounds very much like a crank sensor problem.
[/b]
Yeah, i was told with the crank sensor that you wouldnt get any injecotr pulse OR spark. But idk.

When you mess with the key the fuel pressure slightly goes up each time.

Oh another thing I forgot to mention. A couple of weeks ago i was going to get my check engine light checked and i left and forgot to write them down so my dad could look at them. I went back and when the guy went down to check it again, he must have hit my subwoofer switch, and my wires started smoking...he freaked out and went inside, so i moved the wires away and then went to another place to get them checked....
Do you think that the wires could have fried something and is causing this? obviously there was something wrong with it before hand, considering it had EIGHT codes.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I really don't know, but I was thinking, the cam sensor(replaced the dizzy on the vulcans) DOES NOT control timing, it controls injector pulse, so why wouldn't it do the SAME thing on a tec???

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oookkaaay, geuss im gonna have to check that, let you know if thats the problem

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really don't know, but I was thinking, the cam sensor(replaced the dizzy on the vulcans) DOES NOT control timing, it controls injector pulse, so why wouldn't it do the SAME thing on a tec???
[/b]
Not the cam sensor, replaced the DPFE because we already had it. Still wont start.

Gonna keep checkin anything everything electrical, thinking it might be the PCM......

UPDATE: Cant find a PCM anywhere, gonna try pic-a-part when it warms up a bit. Can i use a PCM off of a 96' also?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts