Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't look like this question has been covered. I have discovered that the replacement tire for my blown donut space saver spare tire is discontinued. There is no source for a new 135/80 14 tire. I don't want to get a used one since it appears they have a nasty habit of blowing up inside the car as mine did. Since I use the space intended for the full size spare as the foot well for the third rear seat in my wagon, I am looking for ideas on putting a NEW spare back in the space saver spot somehow.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
They blow up in the car? My wife had a Diet Coke explode when left out in the Phoenix sun but the spare hasn't blown up. Yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Google it and you'll see. Fortunately there was no one in the car and no damage. It just blew the plastic cover onto the cargo area.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I've never had my spare explode in the car....And I had mine inflated to 60 PSI ready to go.....

I've NEVER had a spare explode in any of my vehicles.

Maybe it's just that I'm religious with my vehicle's maintenance and make sure all my tires and what not are in proper condition?

I've heard it happening with old aged and worn out spares...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
just goto the JY and get a spare from a late model (up to 07) taurus, i know you don't want used, but you need a spare!

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Go to the wreckers and find a never used spare. There should be lots that have never been used. Like everyone else said, if these tires were known for blowing up, wouldn't it be more well known?

Look for one with the paint markings still on the threads. I have a brand new one sitting in my shed, I got it because the one in my (now gone) Taurus was driven almost bald before I bought it. You could also find a decent full sized tire and use that instead, it's probably safer but you still need to put it somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts