Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I'm definately interested. Since the Floridians don't want to meet the rest of us up here, I say we all get together pretty close to the Forida state line. That's a really long drive for me like 7 hours, but for the club I'll do it. Maybe by then I'll have my bodykit installed and have the car lowered as well! The end of August is good for me, that's when I get my vacation!

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I think a meet would be great, whether we have officers or not. Hoss & I tried to get together this last christmas but didn't make it. I think somewhere in the "center" of the region would be good, that puts it somewhere close to Dallas, I think. It would depend on where the majority of the attendees are coming from.

And remember, we only have till monday for nominations, so if you have someone specific you want to have in office, lets see it in the other post.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dallas would be cool with me. According to the member map the majority of people in the Southern region are in Texas so it makes sense to me that the meet be in Texas but that's just my selfish opinion as a Texan. Depends on the weekend, one without my daughter would be better, but I am up for just about anything. Not sure what kind of car related stuff is in Dallas but probably more than there is in Austin. It's a little far south but there used to be a lot of cruising and car related stuff in San Antonio but that's not exactly in the center of the region. How about Houston Rudy, any possibilities there, that wouldn't be bad either.

Robert

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live just 30 minutes from D-Town (dallas). Fort Worth would be better. Its alot easier to navigate. Once we get some more people intrested it would be easier to plan.
:evil:

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I live about 1 hour northwest of Austin.

I can make it just about anywhere, work permitting. I think Austin is probably the most central to yHouston, Big D, and SA, but anyhwere is fine with me.

South Padre anyone? B)

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Yeah guys, just about anywhere statewide would be ok with me. Robert you said ? about Houston, thats where I'm at, also Mark, and the great poo(if we can ever get a hold of him).

I'd be up for Austin or S.A. Had to go to Austin to fix my sisters focus a few weeks ago. It was the first time i had been there alone, nice ride. Mapquest rules!!!!

I went back thru the thread and it looks like San Antonio would be good for a few more of you, time and distance wise. I say lets plan something for S.A.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I will check with a couple of car people I know in San Antonio and see what there is to do other than the obvious Riverwalk stuff. Maybe we could all go to San Antonio raceway Saturday night for their midnight madness and give them a run or something like that, or at least check out the races. Depends on the weekend we choose. Syber, message me when you get to San Marcos and maybe we can do dinner since that's where I live.
Robert

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
San Antonio Raceway is pretty rice... I mean nice.

I've run my cars there a couple times. There is usually a good mix of of Test n' Tune cars and bracket racers. I have a good time watching the serious 11 second draggers followed up by a pair of 19 second Hondas.

If you don't want to race, it may be a good place to meet. It's right off of I-10, easy for the Houstonites to find.

San Antonio Raceway

·
Registered
235 Posts
What I need to find out is whether we can pay to park in the pit area, and I have never done that do I don't know. What's cool is people just kind of roam arouand in there and look at all the cars so it might be cool to have a bunch of shiney Tauri all lined up and show them off a bit, and maybe those of us with fast ones (which isn't me) could eat some rice for supper. Just a thought.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If we are interested in San Antonio Raceway as a meeting place here are a couple of dates to consider. Friday August 20th and Friday September 17th are Domestic Shootout nights. If you read up on what that is we could get into the pits for 15 dollars and run free if we want to. Then we could do something different on Saturday, maybe the Riverwalk in San Antonio or something like that. Anyway theres my latest suggestion. Everyone fire away and tell me what you think.

Robert

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by sybermythh@Jul 15 2004, 04:13 PM
Sept 17th sounds about right to get everbody organized. I would be there for sure. Have to get busy on some mods, though.
That sounds like a great idea. San Antonio is a great spot for us southerers to meet and show the cars and then run em out at the raceway. September would give us a good amount of time to plan and make things happen. We could make it a weekend deal.

Fri/Fri night-Meet at s.a raceway, run cars fast, go to sleep at hotel in S.A
Sat- Car show, Taurus talk with members
Sat night- Enjoy what S.A has to offer
Sun-Go home.

Whee!! :chili:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey , im from San Antonio tx and think a meet would be awesome
we need to get one togetherm cuz ive been wanting to meet some other taurus guys and to show off my ride. when and were we should have it need to be discussed.

Zach,

san antonio tx

2000 se taurus

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
oooooo whee!!!!!!, looks like we got us a couple of new members!!!!!!!

96SHO and 1fastaurus Welcome to the club, and your next home!!!!!!

Guys, If you would like to join the chapter IT IS FREE, all I need is your full name user name and location. Also if you would add your name and location to your profile AND e-mail generation2 aka Dennis, he can add your names to the members map. The chapter itself is still just getting formed we are having nominations for pres and vise pres, voting will start Tuesday at 12:01AM.

I am acting moderator for now. Personally I'd like to see a full charter from the members of the seven states in the region. We would be the only chapter to do it!!!! We are not doing to bad either, there are 39 names on the members map and 16 of them are already on my list. That is over half!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Zach and Russel! Those is my buddies! oh yeah...

Gooooo meet! :lol2:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts