Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Taurus, 46K

A few days back I posted that my A/C was not clicking on, but later figured out that the problem was in my blower motor. A new motor was only available at the local 'stealer', so I ponied up the $119 for a new motor and resistor set. Install went okay, only took a few minutes. Problem solved. All works as good as new.

The parts mgr called it correctly. He said that they have been seeing quite a few Taurus/Sables coming in with this same problem. There is a leak underneath the cowling that is allowing water to trickle into areas that it doesn't belong. My motor was fairly rusty and looked to have been suffering from this problem for some time. The Service area at this same dealership said I'd have to bring the car in to have the leaking area sealed - at my expense.

Service is saying that to reach the area required the removal of the passenger wiper arm? Does this sound correct to anyone?

·
Registered
292 Posts
nope, had the same issue with my car(96)
what happens is the cover that covers the cabin air filter and the whole cowl doesn't lock down properly(unually due to the fasteners broke/missing) this feeds into the intake/blower motors and causes massive leaks in floorboard as well as motor failure...
good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
My brother owns a 2002 Taurus SEL. Yesterday he booked it into dealership for same type of problem; no a/c, no heat, no fan. Sounds like the same problem. I'll let you know the outcome shortly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
96waggin, you were bang on about the water leaking through the cowl system. My brothers 02 SEL had the same problem and it ruined the blower motor. Although it was replaced under warranty, you think this problem could have been eliminated.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I wish I was wrong..after stripping the interior to clean the funk out....cheap ass clips

1 - 7 of 7 Posts