Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, sorry about putting this here, i just wanted to make sure everyone that might have an interest knows about it. On wednesday i managed to total my bull going 40mph into a power pole. Needless to say, the pole won. I completely demolished the front, engine, and hood, but the sides, interior, and back are perfect. (BTW the taurus crashes remarkably well (gen 1 at least)) Right now it is sitting in my driveway waiting for me to strip parts from it. It will probably only be here for a week before i ship it off to the junk yard. If anyone wants any parts for a gen 1 (86 specifically) tell me and we can set something up. Im not really looking to make much of anything off the parts i sell, i just dont want my baby to go to waste. So if anyone needs anything or wants picts of something, drop me a message here, or at [email protected]. Also, thank you to everyone that has helped me with my various questions. I dont think it would have lasted as long as it did with out help from this board.
*Edit* Forgot to mention, I also have alot of other stuff that i can sell too. I have the Premium Sound Speaker Brackets and grills for up front (doors), i have the original plugs for them also. 2 Taurus repair books, the original taurus owners manual.... plus alot more. If anyone wants ANYTHING tell me. Its gonna get trashed soon and i would rather unload as many parts as i can, before the salvage yard makes tons on money off me. You can see more of my car here, or just ask for specific pics....... http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles...ail.php?id=3411

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
That's horrible!
I hope you are OK... I get the impression you are. I take it you slid on some snow judging by the pic. What are you going to do about another car? Did you have comprehensive insurance - are they going to pay anything? It's sad to see another bull down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, luckely the car is a tank and didnt crumble in the passenger compartment. But, since it was an 86, we arent going to claim it on the insurance. It would cost more in the long run than we would get outta it. Im pretty good. I managed to smash my face against the dashboard and windshield, and bent up the steering wheel with my body. Fortunately i only had to get about 40 stiches in my face and eye, along with some other aches and pains. As for how it happened, thats a different story. The only thing i remember is turning out of the street, then waking up after i crashed. It looks like i had another heart problem which caused me to pass out and crash. So thats another thing I am getting taken care of. As for my next car, it will probably be a while before i get that. Because of the circumstances of the crash, i got my license pulled for 6months until they figure out my heart. When I finally get one the only thing i am really looking for is stick shift. Oh, and maybe an airbag.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Whoa, at least you lived. That's the imporant thing. That car doesn't look too bad for a 40 MPH crash into a pole. Although that front pic does show the imprint of the pole in the radiator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts