Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to all of you, i just have a lot of stuff going on, with college come in and my high school grades have to be perfect. I have to keep up with my job so that i can get to be store manager :noes: . I'll try not go post as much, i just forget sometimes on what i put up, im just under tons of stuff lately. I really have not been myself.

I get on here and just put it out there.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i post during a class, and i want to get the stuff i need, and i don't have time to search the site, so i just post what i need, or looking at prices for. I'm new to cars and i'm trying to learn as much as i can.

·
Registered
799 Posts
well i post during a class, and i want to get the stuff i need, and i don't have time to search the site, so i just post what i need, or looking at prices for. I'm new to cars and i'm trying to learn as much as i can.
[/b]
Don't worry about it man. Plenty of members here posted exactly the same as you do, until they got familiar with things and figured out what to do. There's been plenty of more aggravating members than you.

If you need help and don't want to get burned for posting a lot of stuff, feel free to PM me. I can't always answer right away, but I'll help as much as I can.

It's not that you don't know anything about cars that aggravates us, it's the fact that you lack internet etiquette skills.
[/b]
PM worthy perhaps? Honesty is one thing, posts like this will make others jump on the bandwagon and start flaming the guy all over again.

Keep in mind, everyone here was once "the new guy".

·
michelle
1,364 Posts
Or "the new girl", but typically girls don't get flamed as much as you boys do. I wonder why...

I would just read over what you type before submitting it so that you are sure your point is being made clearly. We're all crabby this time of year, so don't always take what the majority say personally around here.

Totally off topic, but what happened to that 15 year old kid that was on here?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to forget our female members!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, ill try and keep that in mind, though lately i have kept nothing to my mind. I keep forgetting things, and i can never remember the simplest things.

Does spelling count? cause i know i really suck at that. Im sure you all know that.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Spelling doesn't count for points, but a well formed sentence will probably get more answers.

Michelle, you're now unofficially officially in charge of Blaze's grammatical errors.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
It's not that you don't know anything about cars that aggravates us, it's the fact that you lack internet etiquette skills.
[/b]
PM worthy perhaps? Honesty is one thing, posts like this will make others jump on the bandwagon and start flaming the guy all over again.

[/b][/quote]
It isn't tough learning how to type and how to compose sentences with thoughts, ideas, etc. You learn these things in schools, thus there is no excuse for poor internet etiquette. If you aren't sure how the forum might react to a posting, searching and reading old threads should give you an idea on the response.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
It isn't tough learning how to type and how to compose sentences with thoughts, ideas, etc. You learn these things in schools, thus there is no excuse for poor internet etiquette. If you aren't sure how the forum might react to a posting, searching and reading old threads should give you an idea on the response.
[/b][/quote]

I agree. I'd hate to see what his college applications are going to look like with improper grammar, no capitalization, no punctuation. He has gotten better over the last week, but still, I don't see how he's going to get a serious college admissions person to actually read his application.

JR

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Or "the new girl", but typically girls don't get flamed as much as you boys do. I wonder why...

I would just read over what you type before submitting it so that you are sure your point is being made clearly. We're all crabby this time of year, so don't always take what the majority say personally around here.

[/b]
you mean Mcloud or Knott?

·
michelle
1,364 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
you mean Mcloud or Knott?
[/b][/quote]

Mcloud!

Knott at least had his driver's license. And a car. Not saying he respected either, but he had them.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Isn't mcloud designing the interior on some refreshened GM for 2009?

·
Registered
799 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

I agree. I'd hate to see what his college applications are going to look like with improper grammar, no capitalization, no punctuation. He has gotten better over the last week, but still, I don't see how he's going to get a serious college admissions person to actually read his application.

JR
[/b][/quote]

I respectfully disagree with both of you. If this were some type of educational forum, then yes, proper grammar would be expected. It's a car forum. As I've mentioned a couple of times, there's a lot of members past and present that had absolutely no grasp of the term "coherent sentence". For example, Tman's posts looked like a parapalegic baboon using a pencil in his mouth to type wrote them, but he is a great guy, and a valuable member of the club.

In a diverse club like this, with a member base widely ranging in age, education level, etc., character flaws need to be accepted, unless rules are being broken.

With that being said, I can also agree that a poorly written post is hard to answer or give assistance to, but we've managed to get through it in the past. This is no different.

Besides, when I get bored at work it's fun to try and figure out what the hell he wants, or reading about JR telling him to step away from the bong. Almost ruined a keyboard spitting coffee on it when I read that! :rofl2:

<div class='quotemain'>
Michelle, you're now unofficially officially in charge of Blaze's grammatical errors.
[/b]
That position better pay well.
[/b][/quote]

You'll get your vids, that will have to suffice. :ph34r:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts